all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Land of the Stone Lifters

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

silveraw

Level 9 Valued Member
I just found this YT series by Martin Licis called "Strength Unkown". Basically a traveling strongman and lifting show in the vein of Bourdain's shows.

I just watched this last episode about Basque country and it is pretty fascinating stuff. Especially the stone drag competition. 30 minutes of dragging a 800kg stone. Makes for some movements that seem similar to KB sport. Anyway, worth a watch for those interested in strength history.

I just found this YT series by Martin Licis called "Strength Unkown". Basically a traveling strongman and lifting show in the vein of Bourdain's shows.

I just watched this last episode about Basque country and it is pretty fascinating stuff. Especially the stone drag competition. 30 minutes of dragging a 800kg stone. Makes for some movements that seem similar to KB sport. Anyway, worth a watch for those interested in strength history.

I watched this a few years ago. It was a great watch. I really enjoyed watching the entire region coming out for the events. They really embrace their heritage.

Guessing the whole series will be excellent.

Another tangent: I first saw him doing this sh. rotation/extension exercise/warm-up on Squat University. Surprisingly helpful.

Back
Top Bottom