all posts post new thread

Titan Fitness' latest specialty bar

I've never used a cerakote (sp?) finish bar - any pluses or minuses to share, anyone? Titanium loading sleeves looks gaudy but sounds rather interesting to me. I need no more barbells, however.

-S-

I've never used a cerakote (sp?) finish bar - any pluses or minuses to share, anyone? Titanium loading sleeves looks gaudy but sounds rather interesting to me. I need no more barbells, however.

-S-
I've heard some people say (online) that a bad cerakote finish can gunk up the knurling, but I imagine it would probably be fine for this.

-S-

I've heard some people say (online) that a bad cerakote finish can gunk up the knurling, but I imagine it would probably be fine for this.

I've used cerakote bars and it definitely seems to take some aggression off the knurling, even when done well.

This is compared to stainless steel / bare steel.

I've used cerakote bars and it definitely seems to take some aggression off the knurling, even when done well.

This is compared to stainless steel / bare steel.
I guess my question would be, since it's a coating of some sort, does it chip or otherwise wear off over time?

-S-

I just saw this earlier too. It's cheaper than several of the "top" power bars. A bit too gaudy as I am just too simple

I guess my question would be, since it's a coating of some sort, does it chip or otherwise wear off over time?

-S-

It can, but I don't think it's any worse than zinc/chrome.

My cerakote kettlebells are still chip-free and they get banged more than the shaft of a barbell would.

I've seen wear on cerakote bars where they sit in J-cups, but zinc/chrome does that, too.

Those colors remind me of a Fat Elvis outfit. Those fried banana-peanut butter-bacon sandwiches are definitely a powerlifters meal.
Maybe he could have been Jacked Elvis with that bar.

2016-05-27C-380x480.gif

Back
Top Bottom