all posts post new thread

Barbell 1-Arm Barbell Standing Strict Press, Anyone?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
Haven't done these in a hot minute. My barbell doesn't have a center knurl so it takes a bit of 'feeling around' to find the middle and if it starts to turn, trying to stop it can be a bad idea. I have fractional plates now so I can go up in 1kg increases and it might be a fun exercise to work up in.

Haven't done these in a hot minute. My barbell doesn't have a center knurl so it takes a bit of 'feeling around' to find the middle and if it starts to turn, trying to stop it can be a bad idea. I have fractional plates now so I can go up in 1kg increases and it might be a fun exercise to work up in.

I was using the Eleiko Power Lock, which does have center knurl, but it's super mild compared to the gripping areas.

So while it's helpful for helping find the middle, it's not very grippy.

Also, the big fat 2.5 kg locking collars puts more weight on the outside that spring collars would.

Gave them a heat check this am. I like em, and tougher than Marker made them look, especially if he had 50kg.
Twenty kg bar with a 5 kg bumper and spring per side (30kg) 2/2,3/3,3/3,5/5,5/5, took around 22:30.
That is one really tough looking workout ! Midsection must have screaming by the end! I think I saw a video of James Harrison when he was still with the Steelers doing them with like 225 I believe.....this is something I'd like to try at some point!

That is one really tough looking workout ! Midsection must have screaming by the end! I think I saw a video of James Harrison when he was still with the Steelers doing them with like 225 I believe.....this is something I'd like to try at some point!
Harrison is a savage among savages.
You'll like them John. Interesting to see what you do.

Don, I went and found the video, it was a 135 pound barbell Harrison used. He looked like he was playing with it!
No doubt. Might have been a vid of his mobility/prehab/rehab shoulder routine.
Watched the vid, The push up with 300 lbs. on his back also impressive.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom