1-arm swing corrective drills

Discussion in 'Kettlebell' started by Anth, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Anth

Anth Double-Digit Post Count

Hello,
    Does anyone have any 1-arm swing corrective drill or exercise suggestions? drills or exercises that help keep the shoulder packed, practice a strong standing plank, keep the shoulders squared, or other things? I'm looking for movements that I can grease the groove with throughout the day that could help create good habits for my 1-handed swings.

Thanks in advance!

2. masa

masa More than 2500 posts

One-arm deadlift is the one that I use.

3. Anna C

Anna C More than 5000 posts Elite Certified Instructor

SFGs are trained specifically in these corrective tools, so your best bet is to schedule a session with one. Then you can get whatever correctives you need, specifically. Correctives are to fix sprecific problems, so you don't need to run through them all if your swing is solid. A session or a few sessions with a certified instructor is time and money well spent no matter what. We have lots of knowledge to share. :)

Other than that, just practice good movement... do a slow or fast "swing" movement whenever you feel like practicing. Or work on tension -- one of my favorites to have people practice throughout the day is this: Swing form check (for neck pain)

Steve Freides and Anth like this.
  4. Mark Limbaga

Mark Limbaga Quadruple-Digit Post Count Elite Certified Instructor

If you can upload a video of your swings we can sn give you feedback

I would suggest though that working with an SFG hands on even for a few sessions will speed up your learning

Steve Freides likes this.
  5. Bauer

Bauer More than 500 posts

One arm planks with quite a wide stance and power breathing. One arm rocking.

cheldelformai and Anth like this.
  6. Anth

I just posted a form check, so I know what I have to improve, but I'd like to get some practice in before I post another one. I am reaching out to an instructor actually, but there are none in my area, according to the website, so hopefully I can find one.

Thanks!

7. Anth

I like this idea. Would this be like a renegade row with no weight?

Bauer likes this.
  8. Bauer

Bauer More than 500 posts

Yes. You could also do this with shoulder taps. (Start with a standard plank and touch your opposite shoulder)