all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 1-arm swing corrective drills

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anth

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello,
Does anyone have any 1-arm swing corrective drill or exercise suggestions? drills or exercises that help keep the shoulder packed, practice a strong standing plank, keep the shoulders squared, or other things? I'm looking for movements that I can grease the groove with throughout the day that could help create good habits for my 1-handed swings.

Thanks in advance!

SFGs are trained specifically in these corrective tools, so your best bet is to schedule a session with one. Then you can get whatever correctives you need, specifically. Correctives are to fix sprecific problems, so you don't need to run through them all if your swing is solid. A session or a few sessions with a certified instructor is time and money well spent no matter what. We have lots of knowledge to share. :)

Other than that, just practice good movement... do a slow or fast "swing" movement whenever you feel like practicing. Or work on tension -- one of my favorites to have people practice throughout the day is this: Swing form check (for neck pain)

If you can upload a video of your swings we can sn give you feedback

I would suggest though that working with an SFG hands on even for a few sessions will speed up your learning

If you can upload a video of your swings we can sn give you feedback

I would suggest though that working with an SFG hands on even for a few sessions will speed up your learning

I just posted a form check, so I know what I have to improve, but I'd like to get some practice in before I post another one. I am reaching out to an instructor actually, but there are none in my area, according to the website, so hopefully I can find one.

Thanks!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom