all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 10,000 Cleans Challenge?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Oxydra

Level 2 Valued Member
Just like the 10,000 swings challenge, I am thinking of doing a "10,000 cleans in a single month" challenge because it simply sounds fun and I want to see what my body would look like after doing it.

What do you guys think?

might be a controversial standpoint, but If you want to try it, go ahead. There are no rules, it could work out fine or not and you'll have to quit after the first week. It will be hard though, doing high reps of clean sucks. Doesn't matter if it's not optimal or whatever if it's fun and you get better at something you like.

I think something like 100 double cleans 2-3 times a week would be much better idea.. and I would call that high volume challenge too.
I agree -10k in one month would be 330 per day if you had no days off and that is very demanding. I personally like to set smaller time frames for "challenges" an example being 5k swings in 2 weeks.

That's a lot of workload on the biceps. Please listen to them and back off on the volume if they start talking to you...

In contrast, I think the load is more evenly thread throughout the body with swings.

I think something like 100 double cleans 2-3 times a week would be much better idea.. and I would call that high volume challenge too.

+1 x 2.

Anything light enough that I can clean 2500 times a week to meet 10,000 cleans in a month is just cardio.

Double cleans, especially heavy, tick a lot of boxes for much less time input.

Addendum:

I do practice high rep "upper body weighted cardio" from time to time.

But I use clubs and maces to do it.

Have you tried to push the weekly volume with mace swings? I'm averaging 200 reps a week, though with a relatively light 15 lb mace.

I'm wondering how high I should safely go once I master the 360 swing groove.

Have you tried to push the weekly volume with mace swings? I'm averaging 200 reps a week, though with a relatively light 15 lb mace.

I'm wondering how high I should safely go once I master the 360 swing groove.

I'm doing about the same volume with the mace, although using 20 lb.

I've pushed the volume more on clubs.

Just like the 10,000 swings challenge, I am thinking of doing a "10,000 cleans in a single month" challenge because it simply sounds fun and I want to see what my body would look like after doing it.

What do you guys think?
Your hands and forearms will be filing for divorce within a week, but hey, have at it and tell us how it goes.

What do you guys think?
Give it a go!

For reference, you may want to check out the work of Geoff Neupert. He has some great proven programs centered around the double clean. In my biased opinion, tested programs matter more to me now than a bunch of improvising to "see what happens". Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I don't know why people are down on it as long as it isn't wrecking you. Be intelligent about the load and (assuming you've done the base work) give it a shot.

I'm pretty sure if I wanted to do 10k snatches w. the 16kg in a month, I could without it being too bad. Cleans wouldn't be so different. (Edit: Heck, I might even give the snatches a go next month - I need some kind of challenge!)

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom