all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 10,000 Kettlebell Swing Criticism

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I am OK with Dan assuming that people have common sense.
I'm sure he even writes that you need to be proficient with KB swings and the strength moves you use. If that's not mentioned in the article maybe it's t-nation's fault. Dan has written a couple of articles for them and elsewhere talked about that they edit the articles. Sometimes to the point that you can argue whether it's the original authors article anymore.

I'm sure he even writes that you need to be proficient with KB swings and the strength moves you use. If that's not mentioned in the article maybe it's t-nation's fault. Dan has written a couple of articles for them and elsewhere talked about that they edit the articles. Sometimes to the point that you can argue whether it's the original authors article anymore.

I looked over the article again and Dan didn't actually come out and say that you need to be proficient. He did write that "Between sets, experienced lifters will add a low-volume strength movement." The article seemed to imply that if your swing was completely up to speed then this program would fix that. That's not necessarily that bad. Most people when trying to learn the swing on their own end up looking like they're doing a quarter squat with a front raise. This is self-limiting: no way you'll do 500 swings like this with the recommended weight. If someone tried anyway, I don't see a huge injury potential with the "quarter squat + front raise" technique error, but I do see soreness for several days.

Those with common sense will realize that this is a lot of swings and if technique is lacking you will have a bad day.

Dan has written a couple of articles for them and elsewhere talked about that they edit the articles. Sometimes to the point that you can argue whether it's the original authors article anymore.

Yeah, when anyone posts on Dan's forum to ask a question about one of his T-Nation articles it more often than not turns out that Dan didn't actually write what the person is asking about, or that T-Nation left out the part where he did explain it.

It's just a challenge. If your form is locked down, and you take care of your hands, it's a great way to keep off the holiday weight.

Having done both, I think the 10k in 10 days will get you better results, faster.

I do think you lose some explosion doing sets of 50, but that becomes adaptable.

I have no problem with anyone critiquing a program. It's the guy's opinion. One can agree and disagree.

I'm amazed at how illiterate people have become trying to overanalyze programs.
How hard is this?
Do 5 ladders of swings, 10, 15, 25, 50, or 10, 20, 30 40
Pick a strength movement. (Press, squat, TGU) Do 1 rep before 10, 2 before 15, 3 before 25, do a straight set of 50.
Alternate each strength movement.
Do workout 5 x a week for 4 weeks. Try to cut down the time it takes to complete.

There are no magic pills, challenges or exercises. If your form and diet aren't locked in, you have nothing.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom