all posts post new thread

Barbell 10 rep strength test

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

wes h

First Post
Servus from Germany! I love the GTG method and I've chosen to follow Pavel's advice for strength; 5 reps with the weight I can handle doing ten reps. If course I have to test my "ten rep max" but my question is, as I get stronger:

1) how would I know when to add more weight?

2) how often should I test my "ten rep max?"

if I can be directed to a thread which addresses this issue that would be fine as well thank you

sorry I didn't mention this is for the deadlift in this case, but applies to any movement I wish to get stronger in

Servus from Germany aswell ;)
Welcome to the forum!
GTG is usually done with bodyweight exercises like pullups, dips etc.
You just take your max reps (e.g. if you can do 10 pullups, but not 11 -> 10 is your maxrep) and do a set of 50-70% of your maxrep (in the example 5-7 reps) a couple of times per day.

The "10RM for 5 reps"-advice is for PttP and not for GTG. To see how to progress with that you can get PttP here (it's just 6€): https://www.amazon.de/Power-People-...515703942&sr=8-4&keywords=power+to+the+people

For another deadlift routine that is done daily have a look at Daily Dose Deadlift Plan | StrongFirst (+ this thread: Daily Dose Thread)

A third option would be Justas Singles Routine from his book "Rock, Iron, Steel"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom