all posts post new thread

Bodyweight 100 push ups and squats per day

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

Interesting article indeed. This seems more doable (and healthier ?) than Herschel Walker's volume.

I use a lot this principle and totally agree. Once you get used to it, it becomes as natural doing push ups as brushing teeth !

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

Interesting article indeed. This seems more doable (and healthier ?) than Herschel Walker's volume.

I use a lot this principle and totally agree. Once you get used to it, it becomes as natural doing push ups as brushing teeth !

Kind regards,

Pet'

One of the people in the comments noted that he was going to do incline rows in the same range of volume and use it as his whole routine.

Setting little numbers for yourself makes things fun, in my experience. Even if the exercises are rather basic.

I just love OS, from resets to things like this.

On another note, have geoff neupert stopped working with OS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting article indeed.
How would you guys approach the moves, i.e. doing the pushups "hardstyle" or "softstyle"? 100 hardstye pushups is relatively hard (or maybe I am a weakling). On the other hand doing 100 softsyle PU is not that hard.

Hi, really interesting article. I just started S&S because it allows practice of my sport and it’s so simple and quick. Not that I want to do heavier squats or deadlifts but does this simple process (100 push-up and squats) lead to increased max rep strength? Perhaps a daft question. Training that way (Max strength ) take too long to recover from and blocks/complicates my Programming.

How would you guys approach the moves, i.e. doing the pushups "hardstyle" or "softstyle"? 100 hardstye pushups is relatively hard (or maybe I am a weakling). On the other hand doing 100 softsyle PU is not that hard.

Spread throughout the day

Good question. 100 reps with maximal tension is a lot. I dont think maximal tension is meant for that many reps. so using enough tension to keep good form I guess?

There is also a book called "The Daily 30" which is quite excellent and in the same vein

Also by Tim Anderson?

No it is a book by a different author but it basically is pushups, squats, and a yoga movement done daily for 10 reps each, as many rounds as you wish

Last edited by a moderator:
I like something like:

Mon: 25% max reps done grease the groove until you hit 100
Tues: Sets to failure until 100 with 30-45 sec rest
Wed: 15% max reps done grease the groove until you hit 100
Thurs: 25% max reps done grease the groove until you hit 100
Fri: Sets to failure until 100, with 30-45 sec rest
Sat-Sun: optional: 25% max reps done grease the groove until 100

By the time you can do 75 pushups straight, you probably need to increase to 150 per day.

For pushups, all the way down until chest touches the deck, then all the way up to elbow lockout.

I like something like:

By the time you can do 75 pushups straight, you probably need to increase to 150 per day.

For pushups, all the way down until chest touches the deck, then all the way up to elbow lockout.

Hi Mike thanks for commenting. I liked your rucking video / template as well

Strength is Born from Habit | Original Strength

wanted to share this. pretty cool little article.

There has been a lot of talk in the body weight forums about "daily minimums".

The gist of this article is 100 pushups and 100 squats (bodyweight) done every day, however you want.
I've done this before while in Korea for 2 months and away from my weights. It works. I did the pushups in sets of ten and fully done, textbook style.

I recommend doing the pushups with feet elevated on a stool or something similar. It keeps you under more tension longer.

I like something like:

Mike,
In this template determining 'max reps' I assume is one continuous set to failure at the start of the program, max reps tend to climb quickly when starting new and plateau at some point.
What frequency do you have students re-adjust percentage of max reps, weekly on Tues in the posted example? This would adjust percentages per training weekly.. I assume.. again..

Mike,
In this template determining 'max reps' I assume is one continuous set to failure at the start of the program, max reps tend to climb quickly when starting new and plateau at some point.
What frequency do you have students re-adjust percentage of max reps, weekly on Tues in the posted example? This would adjust percentages per training weekly.. I assume.. again..

Bret

With this system, you are testing every Tuesday and Friday because those days all sets, including the first, are taken to failure. This simple weekly plan makes the fatigue load more "wavy" and seems to work better than constant load.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom