all posts post new thread

Barbell 175 to 435 lb Deadlift in 10 months

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Jefferson deadlift is what Steve has done at times, I believe.
I am partial to this, which I usually call a straddle deadlift, with a 2” axle as the bar. I haven’t done this in a while, so thank you for the reminder and perhaps I will do a few today!

-S-

there is evidence that we all have some lumbar flexion whether we think we do or not.
I have read this as well. That was a good article you posted.

Also, from the link you posted:
“Data from both animal and human cadavers suggest that exceeding as little as 35% of the lumbar spine’s flexion-extension range of motion may increase the risk of disc herniations. “
This is important to consider. It doesn’t make it useless evidence, however, I think it’s fair to say that there’s likely a significant difference between a cadaver spine being flexed and extended 100s or more times and a live human spine being loaded with deadlifts. Kettle bell reps can certainly approach larger numbers though.

I tend to agree with the notion that there are no inherently unsafe ranges of motion, only untrained ones.

The biggest difference is that i believe thats its easier for most people to know when they reach fx RIR3 than RPE7. Most trainee should know to stop when having maybe 3reps back. But to stop when you reach RPE7 Can maybe be hard for many.
Thats my experience.

I find it much easier to stop at 1-2 RIR than 3

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom