all posts post new thread

Old Forum 19 hours fast from food & water and working out...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
A very brief weekly update, forced to take a break from both my workouts and few days from fasting due to a nasty summer cold. I'm recovering now so hoping to restart on Saturday and plan to attempt the 5 rungs.

Finished fasting on Wednesday and had a feast yesterday, update on my last few workouts of Ramadan...

Friday: Bought a pair of used 24kg bells, planning ahead, and carried them for about 20 mins with lots of breaks and was amazed at how intense a workout it became and the quads had really woken up on Saturday

Saturday (H): Did 2 ladders with 5 rungs and remainder with 4 rungs, felt challenging but good, didn't do the swings as I was running late

Sunday: Attended a 6 hours workshop at Kettlebell Fever, comprising Primal Move, circuit training and 2 hours of kettlebells - this really drained me as the workouts were intense and it was a hot day so felt quite dehydrated and exhausted.

Monday (L): Did the first clean and noticed a pain in the left elbow not sure if that was because of the Heavy day or the workshop or something else but finished my workout with C&P plus chin-ups- 5 x (1,2,3). Didn't do snatches as I was still pretty tired from the previous day.

Wednesday (M): Did 3 ladders of 4 rungs each before quitting due to the on-going strain on my left elbow and upper arm muscle, I became concerned about causing more damage.

I'm not sure what's caused the elbow but will be taking a week off from ROP and pull-ups to allow recovery, traveling most of the week so might just try and do swings and goblets on the days that I can.

I really appreciate all the help and support I have been getting from this forum, my experimenting during the fasting was one of great education for me, thank you all.

Eid Mubarak Faisal. I had a feast too; yesterday.  My bad for not noticing the thread before.

I think that with that 6 hour session on Sunday you probably overdid it. The ROP is a taxing programme and I found out I really need my days off, where I only do some walking.

I fast every day until noon and one day a week until evening. I work out fasted as well (take 10g BCAA's before), seems to work well for me. That way every meal after a work-out is a feast!

Good luck with the 24, you're entering a different world now :) Can you press one now? You went to a workshop so I'm sure you picked up some good tips?

Hey Omar, Eid Mubarak to you too.

FlyingPig, I think you are right, I had only just recovered from a cold then had 3 intense days which was tough on the recovering body. Hopefully the week off will be sufficient to recover from the elbow niggle. Really looking forward to starting with the 24kg in a few weeks if all goes well.

I'm planning to give Geoff's 24 Hour Diet a try soon, I had been following the Warrior Diet for a couple of months before Ramadan but backing off the wheat totally has been a challenge and will be a challenge on the 24 too.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom