all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 1H Swing Form Check

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Wifi

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello all!

This week I am finishing my 4th week of Timeless Simple, averaging 5x per week. I should have done this a long time ago, but would you review my form and let me know what I can do better?

@Steve Freides, if I unknowingly am breaking a rule or procedure, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Edit: The video didn't seem to make it the first time...
uns09pyvenq71.png

Hi @Wifi

You can't upload here, you have to upload elsewhere (YouTube, Google, Vimeo) and drop the link here.

Edit: The video didn't seem to make it the first time...
Serving video isn't something our forum software supports - it can be demanding in both storage and bandwidth, so what Anna said is what to do. As long as there is public access, it should be fine.

-S-

Looks great, @Wifi . Really smooth power. Good set-up. Effective hinge and nice tight plank.

I think your hinge position is good, but some might say it's a tiny bit towards squatty. You might think about just a bit more "hips back" and a bit less "knees forward" in the hinge position. Either way, you're using your legs very effectively for a good explosive extension, so that's awesome.

The only other thing I'm thinking is you could tighten up the working arm shoulder just a bit. Tight lats; keep the shoulder away from the ear.

I think you'll do great with the timed Simple standard, should you choose to test yourself!

Looks great, @Wifi . Really smooth power. Good set-up. Effective hinge and nice tight plank.

I think your hinge position is good, but some might say it's a tiny bit towards squatty. You might think about just a bit more "hips back" and a bit less "knees forward" in the hinge position. Either way, you're using your legs very effectively for a good explosive extension, so that's awesome.

The only other thing I'm thinking is you could tighten up the working arm shoulder just a bit. Tight lats; keep the shoulder away from the ear.

I think you'll do great with the timed Simple standard, should you choose to test yourself!
Thanks! I will implement that!

I kind of want to try for the timed version, just to see how close I can get, but since my grip still comes close to giving out, I'll probably wait before doing that. Any tips to speed up grip adaption?

I do have a question about the "by the book" method of progression: The way I read S&S 2.0, it seems to me that the faster S- days once a week begin (for men) when 32kg is S, 40 kg is S+, correct? Therefore, a weekly schedule could look like this:

Monday: 2HS with the mix of 32kg and 40kg
Tuesday: 1HS with the mix
Thursday: Same as Tuesday
Friday: Faster session with the 24kg

But because timed 32kg is the goal, not timed 24kg, it makes more sense to me to keep the Friday session the same as Tuesday and Thursday until the working bell (S) is 40kg, and then introduce faster (S-) sessions with the 32kg on Fridays.

Which progression would you advise?

Last edited:
Any tips to speed up grip adaption?
In your case, I would say go for max explosiveness to force your grip to work hard.

But to help actually hang on... chalk, and a secure grip. I made this video for a recent thread; may have some value for you.

I do have a question about the "by the book" method of progression: The way I read S&S 2.0, it seems to me that the faster S- days once a week begin (for men) when 32kg is S, 40 kg is S+, correct? Therefore, a weekly schedule could look like this:

Monday: 2HS with the mix of 32kg and 40kg
Tuesday: 1HS with the mix
Thursday: Same as Tuesday
Friday: Faster session with the 24kg

But because timed 32kg is the goal, not timed 24kg, it makes more sense to me to keep the Friday session the same as Tuesday and Thursday until the working bell (S) is 40kg, and then introduce faster (S-) sessions with the 32kg on Fridays.

Which progression would you advise?
I like your thought. Maybe depends on what you need most. If you find yourself getting really out of breath and struggling with a timed session, it's worth doing that one every 2 weeks at least; and in that case, with the 24 would serve that purpose. If breathing/recovery is not so much of a problem and you just need more consistent work with the 32, then could use that for Fridays.

In your case, I would say go for max explosiveness to force your grip to work hard.

But to help actually hang on... chalk, and a secure grip. I made this video for a recent thread; may have some value for you.

I like your thought. Maybe depends on what you need most. If you find yourself getting really out of breath and struggling with a timed session, it's worth doing that one every 2 weeks at least; and in that case, with the 24 would serve that purpose. If breathing/recovery is not so much of a problem and you just need more consistent work with the 32, then could use that for Fridays.
Perfect. I went and got some chalk last night, and tried it for this morning. What a game changer! I didn't have to worry about holding on near as much, and as a result my swings were a lot more powerful. Thanks!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom