all posts post new thread

Nutrition 1st week '17

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hi @pet',
it is rather a kind of trying to get the essential vitamins etc and kick out too much variety after the holidays.
How creative can I be with only these ingredients?! That is the challenge :)

Hello,

@elli
Ah ah, I see ! Do you have the "right" to do all the sauces you want or are there also some constraints ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@elli
Ah ah, I see ! Do you have the "right" to do all the sauces you want or are there also some constraints ?

Kind regards,

Pet'
No dairy products, no Omega6oils, ghee allowed. Everything else is up to you, e.g. spices.

I'm not joining you as these ingredients are scoffed down a lot already in my kitchen.
The 3 staples of world cuisine. Some ideas for you, not exhaustive by any means but easy, basic, cheap and nutritious.

Around the world in 80 days:

China. Egg fried rice. Easy. Whip up veg in a quick, hot stir fry, chuck in boiled rice. Stir it up. Make a whole in the middle, crack your egg(s), whip them up too. Let it bind for a bit. When done, turn off heat, pour over some sesame oil (don't heat it). Spice it up to your taste...plenty ginger and garlic

India: Cook the veg up with turmeric, cumin, coriander, chilli, ginger, garlic. Hard boil some eggs, chuck 'em in. Add boiled rice, stir that up and you've got yourself a fine egg biryani. Bunch of coriander to garnish.
Any number of veg and egg curried options served with plain rice or coconut rice. Boil it in coconut water, drain, freshly grated coconut flesh to garnish and even a passion flower for the full monty and some visuals and some added fragrance. You can do rice in turmeric water too for the biryani. Split it in half, turmeric and chilli, whatever.

Italian: Mushroom risotto with a topping of spinach. Couple of hard boiled eggs, olives and basil and/or salad as a side. Blanch spinach, dry it, flash fry in garlic....shave over some parmesan (if allowed under the rules). soak a load of porcini mushrooms for 30 minutes, remove keep water. Cook risotto rice in the mushroom water, add some veg stock to cover. Cook in 20 minutes or so, don't let it get dry out. Whilst cooking throw in porcini and other selection of shrooms. Add white wine (if allowed, sshhh....no one is watching.....you should) and some cream cheese (if allowed), if not it is ok but not as nice!

Spanish: Chuck some rice and veg in a pan with veg stock, use some saffron and smoked paprika and you've got a paella base, well kind of, lacking in some seafood. Just another variation.

Mexico: chuck in some beans and it's a Mexican bean thing. Keep it for another day and reheat, you've got a Mexican refried bean thing.
Staying in Mexico, make hot spicey tomato sauce, crack the eggs on top. Put on a lid, throw in a bag of spinach and let it steam down, serve with rice.

I like pickled eggs, admittedly I've never met anyone else who does, who cares. Pickle those bad boys.
Delicious. Handy for salads....pickled eggs, walnuts and grapes with leafs of choice, splash of lemon juice and extra virgin oil, S&P. Or just plain old boiled ones. Big it up with fresh red/yellow peppers, tomatoes, cucumber. Easy peezy, lemon squeezy. Keep it the same but use hazelnuts instead, varying your fat profile and range of amino acids if you want nutrient diversity and all that. Use any and/or all nuts. Sprinkle it all with some sultanas.

That's your menu sorted for the week!! Can't be bothered? Just do an omelette and chuck in your veg.

I am already on this challenge sans the rice. Veggies. Veggies saves us big time. A whole range of options there. Why is ghee allowed, is that not considered diary ? Wish you success.

@Abdul Rasheed ghee is dairy, right. BUT 1. tasty and 2. from an ayurvedic point of view it is good for the organs and nourishing.
The week shouldn't be a punishment ;)

I forgot to add that one fruit a day is okay.
Do not think that this is already 'stretching the rules', (since many people are down with a cold or need some 'sweetness' or digestion is better) e.g. papaya or apple is 'allowed' and tasty with rice and cinammon.
Curious what the results will be like, if there are any at all.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom