all posts post new thread

Barbell 1xMP/1xFSQ/2xDL strength standard

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
If my front squat, push press, snatch grip Romanian deadlift, 45° bent over row, weighted pull ups and weighted dips are between 125% and 150% of my own bodyweight, I'm perfectly happy knowing I have all the strength I might need for whatever life decides to throw at me.

Pursuing more ambitious strength goals mean taking a significant drop in all my other activities, plus a need of way more recovery that I can afford.

Strength Standards...Sleepless in Seattle

I appreciate the balanced continuum Dan John laid out in this article a while back. I think strength standards are only one side of many equations. Am endurance athlete is going to likely have a hard time reaching these standards. Similarly, a powerlifter can reach them easily but have different obstacles.

I think Simple is a great strength standard and accessible to any athlete.

I do recall an article on SF which mentioned specific BW goals for BB. Failed to find it so far, will give it a try again later.
Take a look at the requirements to pass our StrongFirst Lifter certification, the SFL. Pavel described them as "not strong but not weak" or words to that effect at the first US SFL. He was making the point that they are a good baseline, that one could say one isn't weak if one is able to meet the SFL standards.

SFL Barbell Certification Requirements | StrongFirst

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom