all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 2 handed kettlebell swing form check

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

geologist

Level 4 Valued Member
I'm looking to simple and sinister program, but I want to make sure my form looks correct first. I figured the best next logical step after reading and looking at pictures and videos was to record myself and ask the opinions of those who know more than myself.
thanks,

Last edited:
G, not bad at all. A good basic swing. A few suggestions to offer:
1) Flat back and tension as you go to start the set, then a powerful initial hike.
2) Work towards a deeper hinge. The bell will go farther behind you at the bottom of the swing. Keep the chest reaching forward as the arms go back.
3) Project power a little more forward; a little less "up".
4) Let the head come forward just a bit more at the bottom of the swing so that it stays neutral with the spine.

Interesing bell you have there..

Hope that helps.

Input from others?

G, not bad at all. A good basic swing. A few suggestions to offer:
1) Flat back and tension as you go to start the set, then a powerful initial hike.
2) Work towards a deeper hinge. The bell will go farther behind you at the bottom of the swing. Keep the chest reaching forward as the arms go back.
3) Project power a little more forward; a little less "up".
4) Let the head come forward just a bit more at the bottom of the swing so that it stays neutral with the spine.

Interesing bell you have there..

Hope that helps.

Input from others?

Thanks for your input. It's an adjustable kettlebell that ranges from 20 to 50 pounds.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom