all posts post new thread

Bodyweight 2 weeks no equipment

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

thegoldengod

Level 5 Valued Member
Wanted to get some program design advice for staying in shape while traveling and no access to equipment. I was thinking of:

Workout 1
- 10x10 burpees, 1 minute rest between sets
- jumping split squats 10x10, 1 minuet rest between sets

Workout 2
Ladder to 10+ (not sure of volume)
- pull-ups if I can get access to a door bar
- air squats
- pushups
- sprint

Looking for something simple and short that covers most functional muscles / movement.

Any suggestions, critiques to keep me fit?

I like your workout 2. You will need a pullup bar for it though, great if you have access to it.

I dont like workout 1 very much, but I guess it depends on your goals. At least it will keep you moving.

I have had good results with the following travelling program. I have used it while doing S&S, when I had to travel for work:

- air squats, 4*30. Mixing normal squats with prisoner squats. Prisoners are great for the core and mobility.
- glute bridges
- push ups. 5 sets x as many as you can until they slow down.
- one leg deadlift with my luggage + water + anything heavy I find.
- running (optional).

This routine felt great, it really wakes you up. I did it as a circuit.

I'd keep it basic and alternate the following:

Workout A strength:
5 sets of pull ups (if possible, even off a tree, a door, goal posts etc)
5 sets of push ups (picking a hard variation, low reps)
3 sets of squats (again, picking a hard variation, low reps)
Workout B conditioning:
Walk/run/sprints
Even with equipment, I keep coming back to this. It just lacks a hingeing move. Perhaps add glute bridges or single leg BW deadlifts to the strength day.

Crawling including weight(luggage) drag versions.

If you bring a suspension trainer, all you need is something sturdy to connect it to. A park, maybe even a doorframe could work, then you have a lot of options.

Late to the game here but if I may. I’ve been away from equipment for a about 7 weeks. All I’ve been doing is gtg pistols and oapu. I used a bench for the early weeks and in a and in a resent test I got 7 oapu (old max 2 1/2ish) and 11 pistols (old max 6) there really worth while drills for strength. Just do QL stretches cus pistols and oapu really tighten them.
If your worried about your conditioning hill/stair sprints are your “friend”... a bad friend that leaves panting and uncomfortable but still a friend.

i had few great works out based on calis. one day do as many (1, 2, 3) ladders of pistol+ oapu. two days 50-100 weight squat ( i use my girlfriend). one day as many headstand push up ( set of 3-6)

Hello,

I am a great fan of this program:
Strength Aerobics: A Powerful Alternative to HIIT | StrongFirst

It works extremely well. To a certain extent, it gives me more or less the same "heart work" than the S&S swings part. So it can give some nice conditioning while being fresh afterwards. To bring variety, some "density training" is also interesting: as many reps as possible of a move, during X minutes. For instance, as many OA push ups (no matter the variation) in 5 minutes. Same goes for squats, etc...

Nonetheless, from time to time, I enjoy doing a HIIT (25s on / 10s off - 8/10 times) of burpees to really push a little. An alternative can be running upstairs, or hill sprints. It depends on where you are.

The upper body pull is always "harder": the door option - as already mentioned" is excellent. In the forest, you can get a branch, etc...

Recently, I discovered something quite hard, at least for me: the "floor pull up", by reading Monte Saldo / Max Sick books:
I start in a Lalanne plank (so an hollow body position). Then, I put the elbows and forearms down. Then, I "pull" myself until my chin reaches at least my hands (this would be the chin over the bar. Then, I "push" myself to get the Lalanne plank position back again. During all the process, core has to be in full tension. Belly has not to be over 30cm of the ground. It is way harder than regular pull ups. Hands does not have to move but the feet have to "slide" a little (the more they can, the easier it is of course). This move will also make you work the core the hard way.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

I am a great fan of this program:
Strength Aerobics: A Powerful Alternative to HIIT | StrongFirst

It works extremely well. To a certain extent, it gives me more or less the same "heart work" than the S&S swings part. So it can give some nice conditioning while being fresh afterwards. To bring variety, some "density training" is also interesting: as many reps as possible of a move, during X minutes. For instance, as many OA push ups (no matter the variation) in 5 minutes. Same goes for squats, etc...

Nonetheless, from time to time, I enjoy doing a HIIT (25s on / 10s off - 8/10 times) of burpees to really push a little. An alternative can be running upstairs, or hill sprints. It depends on where you are.

The upper body pull is always "harder": the door option - as already mentioned" is excellent. In the forest, you can get a branch, etc...

Recently, I discovered something quite hard, at least for me: the "floor pull up", by reading Monte Saldo / Max Sick books:
I start in a Lalanne plank (so an hollow body position). Then, I put the elbows and forearms down. Then, I "pull" myself until my chin reaches at least my hands (this would be the chin over the bar. Then, I "push" myself to get the Lalanne plank position back again. During all the process, core has to be in full tension. Belly has not to be over 30cm of the ground. It is way harder than regular pull ups. Hands does not have to move but the feet have to "slide" a little (the more they can, the easier it is of course). This move will also make you work the core the hard way.

Kind regards,

Pet'
Why don’t you name this move? Pullup Du Legionnaires, or something? Sounds super hard. I’d have to get a Lalanne Plank in the first place!

Wanted to get some program design advice for staying in shape while traveling and no access to equipment. I was thinking of:

Workout 1
- 10x10 burpees, 1 minute rest between sets
- jumping split squats 10x10, 1 minuet rest between sets

Workout 2
Ladder to 10+ (not sure of volume)
- pull-ups if I can get access to a door bar
- air squats
- pushups
- sprint

Looking for something simple and short that covers most functional muscles / movement.

Any suggestions, critiques to keep me fit?

- One-arm pushups/one-legged squats or progressions leading to them, GTG
- paused shoe get-ups
- Crawling - all different kinds
- Sprints - short, with lots of rest

That is what I do.

Or, if there is a gym at the hotel or nearby, it always has dumbbells - that is why I have developed Hardstyle dumbbell lifting program. Most of the time I do Goerner's chain with dumbbells: dumbbell swing > press > clean > press. 2-3 trips form the lightest to the heaviest weight, done.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom