all posts post new thread

Off-Topic 2016-17 NFL season thread.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
The best thing is as long as Garroppalo can get his shoulder healthy, he will fetch some decent draft picks in the off season. Or Brisset and keep Jimmy G. for when Brady retires.

If he doesn't play another snap this year he has done enough for some dumb team to give up multiple first round picks in the offseason.

Some teams have gone decades without even having an average qb. Couple that with the amount of stupid general managers and filthy rich owners.

Giants fan here, but I also have a soft spot for the Pats (when they're not playing the Giants in the Super Bowl) because of the Parcells/Belichick connection, and because Belichick went to the same college I did (but not at the same time I was there).

Garoppolo looked good before he got hurt. You may have the next Matt Cassel there ;-).

With Eli, we don't worry about who the backup is (fingers crossed).

Giants' D looks much less pathetic than last year. Rookies look good so far. O-line is the biggest concern.

I watched the Giants a lot as a kid. I grew up within 50 miles of Foxbourgh and the Pats weren't real good so they were always blacked out. The Giants were always on t.v. in eastern Mass. Mark Bravaro grew up in Mass. so I was always a fan of him.

I have a soft spot for the Giants even though they are responsible for the worst day of my life: Feb, 3 2008.

Mostly because I hate what the NFL has become and I LOVE defense.

I also like my d linemen to have all 10 fingers.

Die hard 49ers fan here. I am embarrassed to admit it, because the team has been dreadful for years.

I've never rooted for a non Boston team so hard as I did when you guys played the Ravens a few years ago in the SB. I cannot stomach Ray Lewis, let alone his last game being a super bowl win.

Agreed, bad enough you kill a guy but you end up with rings. SF has historically been a great team, just hit a few road blocks along the way. Can't wait for Ravens fans to jump in with spy gate and deflate gate, we didn't have murder two brought on us and have a fall guy.

Great win for the Pats. Houston is a good team, they will be fine the rest of the season.

Broncos fan. I've lived in the Denver metro area since 1991 so been a fan through the good and the bad. Nice two starts by the young Siemian; the mentoring from Peyton has paid off.

Patriots as of right now have zero quarterbacks. And no one is worried about the winning the Bills game next Sunday.

@MikeTheBear- Being a Pats fan I was not a Manning fan but I am really impressed with your young QB. He looks to me like Rogers did when he started. Best of luck, see you in the AFC Championship game.

@MattM- Looks to be a sprain on Brissett, should be good to go.

So who do you all have winning Sunday. I would like to see the Vikings beat the Panthers, that would be a big upset.

As long as the Jets, Steelers, Ravens and Colts lose I'm good.

Sucks about Teddy Bridgewater getting hurt, the Vikings were on the rise. I love their defense and head coach. Sam Bradford just doesn't do it for me.

@ShawnM I don't know what Houston's deal is. I want to like Bill O'Brien so bad but he hasn't done much there. Seems like that high caliber defense gets rolled every time they play a big game. I didn't hear JJ Watts name once the other night.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom