all posts post new thread

Off-Topic 2016-17 NFL season thread.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@MattM- the Texans don't seem to have an identity. When Foster was there and healthy they were a decent running team. Now it seems like they hope for the best. Same with defense. They have monsters on the line but they lose there identity when they play a good team. With the players they have they should be blitzing there brains out.

Um...you mean aside from the conference championship or Super Bowl appearances in 3 of the past 5 seasons?

No, unfortunately, I was remembering performances like yesterday happening far too often. That was embarrassing. Between the 49ers, and the Bears, there was some awful football on display yesterday, and I like the Bears.

Very disappointed in the Giants yesterday.

D didn't hold up, lots of bad penalties, turnovers and poor ball security. Too many mistakes to overcome, even with Washington leaving 3 points on the table by letting time expire at the end of the first half.

Beckham-Norman was pretty much as expected. Beckham made some plays and had decent numbers, but not enough to be a difference maker, and committed a crucial penalty on the last drive, blocking Norman too early while the ball was in the air. And Richburg got tossed for a second unsportsmanlike penalty after taking an unnecessary shot at Norman. Mostly they kept a lid on the extracurricular stuff and just played football.

I really wish we would stop pushing the NFL on the UK. Such a terrible product we ship over there.

Seems like every year the quality of play gets worse and worse. The game last night was almost unwatchable.

Who's going to the show? Here's my guess.

Steelers/Patriots
Cowboys/Seahawks

Patriots/Cowboys

Cowboys

Last edited by a moderator:
This hasn't been on the board in a bit but with the Super Bowl less than 24 hours away it must be revived, if only for a while. I've got a final score of 34-17. That's it! It can go either way. As a New Englander I want the Patriots to win. However, I can see it going the same way for Atlanta. Best of luck to both teams!!!

What a come back! Atlanta defense got pretty tired by the end of the 3rd quarter. I forget how much more play time they had but I want to say the Atlanta defense spent 75% of the time on the field. I guess stamina got the best of them. I wonder if they ever do long sets of swings or snatches :p?

In the Superbowl, I think it's fair to say the winning team proved itself more anti-fragile than the losers - they adapted.

-S-

That was one crazy bananas game.

Reminded me of when the 49ers came back to beat my Giants in the playoffs in 2003. The Giants were up 38-14 with 4:27 left in the 3rd quarter. Just like the Patriots, the Niners made two straight two point conversions in their comeback.

The Giants missed a 42 yard field goal attempt with 3:06 to go in the game that would have put the Giants up 8. Even if they made the kick it would still be a one score game, unlike the Falcons who could have played for a field goal to make it a two score game down the stretch. But it goes to show you can't take that field goal for granted.

If these forums embrace NFL, I'm definitely staying hahah.
Went to Houston to spend the SB weekend there with friends, we had a great time despite none of us having game tickets.
I support Pats and Cowboys so it was an epic night. NASA JSC is of course worth the visit too.

Youtube provides several examples of NFL athletes performing planks, dumbbell and barbell work... any kettlebell related??

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom