all posts post new thread

2018 Sinister Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Well I got through Plan 260 and tested last week. Felt strong until last 3 reps on right side. It was a little more humid than normal and my hands were slick. I even had the chalk set out! Live and learn. Finished last sets on left (after applying chalk :) ) and get-ups. It's really just a matter of time at this point.

I'm ramping up my training for the SFL in Nov. Presently I can meet all my test weights but I'd still like to spend the next 12 weeks working on the lifts. After more than a year of a focus on body-weight training it's been fun pumping iron!

Haven't been on here for awhile. I got word from Strongfirst a couple weeks ago that I had met the requirements for Sinister. I was pleased to say the least but also felt a bit let down that it was over. I haven't really experienced that before. I trained for nine months. Not hard, just put in the time week after week. Simple & Sinister is a stand-alone program and without a doubt is all a person needs but you can do other training if necessary. I had to do some tweaking with the SFL right around the corner and found I was able to continue training for the Sinister goal while adding some barbell work, just had to be very mindful of recovery and nutrition.

Having a focus was very helpful during a somewhat stressful time last spring. I felt a little panic when I realized I wasn't going to have this goal in my sights any longer. I do have several weeks until the SFL and I decided to re-certify at the Level II in Seattle in Dec, need to take advantage of opportunities close to home and I love getting together with my Strongfirst family.

Just to reinforce how effective training Simple and Sinister can be: I tested the military press in June at achieved a PR of 105 pounds. Started bending steel again and achieved the Iron Mind Blue Nail in under a minute with single leather wraps. Tied my pull-up PR of 12 reps. Maintained 24 kg kettlebell press right and left.

I encourage everyone to do this program, . Don't just try out for a few weeks, set a goal be it Simple or Sinister (or something in between) and see it through.

Wow, contratulations Amy! How come I haven't seen this all over Instagram and Facebook...? ;) Awesome job and well done!

Wow, contratulations Amy! How come I haven't seen this all over Instagram and Facebook...? ;) Awesome job and well done!
Thanks Anna! It took awhile to get reviewed and my focus has shifted to the SFL and Level II Recerts. The nine months actually flew by. Hoping others in my demographic (49 years old!) will be inspired like you did me.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom