all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 24kg C+P Form Critique

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Been doing the Giant series w 2x16s. Started 1.1 today. This was the a set or two before the end of my session. Form isn’t perfect but man alive, look at my back compared to where it was w/ the 1x24. Is this just due to the weights being lighter in each hand (I guess it’s heavier overall)?

29E83ECE-5535-4054-88D4-A9B9F4F85CF5.pngB6247133-8DE4-44C2-8842-893D58A2FAD4.png

After watching the video I definitely need to be driving more upward when I clean. I think I was at first but as the session went on I got a little looser. Probably should be pausing in the rack. Keeping the bells closer to my body during the clean and drop as well. Any suggestions on breathing. Watching it and seeing my breathing pattern makes me cringe.

Keep the good job!
About breathing, this is from a Geoff's newsletter email:

[1] As you snap your hips on the clean.*

[2] Inhale in the rack.

[3] Exhale through the sticking point of the press.

[4] Inhale again in the lockout position (overhead).

[5] Exhale slowly thru pursed lips as you pull the bells down into the rack.

[6] Inhale again just before leaving the rack and hiking the bells back under the body for the next rep.

[7] Repeat.

*Admittedly, I forgot to tell him to take a breath before hiking the kettlebells, but I thought that was common knowledge. Maybe not. Which is why I’m including it here.

Keep the good job!
About breathing, this is from a Geoff's newsletter email:

[1] As you snap your hips on the clean.*

[2] Inhale in the rack.

[3] Exhale through the sticking point of the press.

[4] Inhale again in the lockout position (overhead).

[5] Exhale slowly thru pursed lips as you pull the bells down into the rack.

[6] Inhale again just before leaving the rack and hiking the bells back under the body for the next rep.

[7] Repeat.

*Admittedly, I forgot to tell him to take a breath before hiking the kettlebells, but I thought that was common knowledge. Maybe not. Which is why I’m including it here.
Great advice. Thanks for taking the time to hit me back!!! Will absolutely put into practice.

After watching the video I definitely need to be driving more upward when I clean. I think I was at first but as the session went on I got a little looser. Probably should be pausing in the rack. Keeping the bells closer to my body during the clean and drop as well. Any suggestions on breathing. Watching it and seeing my breathing pattern makes me cringe.

I see what you mean about the drop in particular. Flipping and casting the bells forward might become an issue with heavier bells, especially when fatigued.

For reference, here's an SFG demo:

I'd make sure you have a distinct pause in the rack before you press. It needn't be long, but it should be a little longer than what I saw in your video.

-S-

I'd make sure you have a distinct pause in the rack before you press. It needn't be long, but it should be a little longer than what I saw in your video.

-S-
Would you say that’s a decent hinge at the bottom though? I feel like it’s definitely better than the video/photos of the 1 handed.

One thing that really helped me was something that Geoff Neupert said about the clean. He suggests that instead of fully turning your palm backward during the hinge/swing, if the hand is at a 45-degree angle during the swing phase, it always ends up in the correct position in the rack, with no bell banging on the wrists. To simplify, at your setup, the handles of the bells should look like an upsidedown V. This helped me greatly.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom