all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 25000 swing challenge

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
Rereading S and S this afternoon and in one of the chapters Pavel mentions a 25000 swing challenge. 20 minutes a day and he went for 5 weeks. He was hitting ridiculous numbers and ended up swinging a pair of 48kg for 165 swing. Crazy
Has he ever released details of this plan?

Wow, that's huge number of reps. Have you ever tried the 10000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge?

Hello,

10k challenge is just huge. 25k seems...

Maybe that's good to "quickly" get an heavier swing due to the training volume. Afterwards I guess this is "only" a matter of heavy swing weight maintenance. However, I think it can be pretty exhausting, even on the short term. With such volume, technique has to be perfect.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Kind regards,

Pet'

25,000 swings in 5 weeks would be a little over 700/day, and in a 20 minute session would be 35 swings every minute......that is a load at 12 kg/16 kg, let alone 48 kg.......

Rereading S and S this afternoon and in one of the chapters Pavel mentions a 25000 swing challenge. 20 minutes a day and he went for 5 weeks. He was hitting ridiculous numbers and ended up swinging a pair of 48kg for 165 swing. Crazy

There's no way I would attempt anything like this. I have read S and S multiple times and haven't noticed the reference to this before. It's more out of interest to see how Pavel programmes it. I tried the DJ 10,000 challenge once. To be honest I didn't enjoy it, hand care was an issue and boredom was a factor as well.
I'm using a DJ template at the moment and it tops out at 250 swings which is more than enough for me....25000 swings is insane volume for most mortals but for Pavel I'm sure it was a good challenge

Last edited:

If I remember correctly, it was B. Hetzler describing his experience, not Evil Russian himself.

Last edited:
25,000 swings in 5 weeks would be a little over 700/day, and in a 20 minute session would be 35 swings every minute......that is a load at 12 kg/16 kg, let alone 48 kg.......
If I remeber correctly, it was B. Hetzler decsribing his experience, not Evil Russian himself.
It was indeed Brandon Hetzler and not Pavel.

Before there is some misinterpretation of the experiment. He was not swinging double 48s for the 25k swings.
The 25k were done with a single 24KG KB!
The week after the 25k challenge he swung the double 48s on a single occasion as some kind of test. It was 165 swings in 12min. He doesn't give specifics about the way these were done, but given the timeframe, continuous swings are out of the question and he probably did multiple sets.
He had the ability to swing double 48s before - doing 25k swings with a 24 won't make you able to swing double 48s if you couldn't do that before!

If you want specifics why not just ask him? :) @B.Hetzler

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom