26kg, 28kg, 30kg?

Discussion in 'Kettlebell' started by phroot, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Tirofijo

Tirofijo More than 500 posts

You are calling 2kg jumps “in between” sizes, but the old school folks consider (or used to consider) 20kg, 28kg, 36kg the “in between” sizes. In other words, 4kg jumps from the standard 16/24/32 sizes.

I agree with you and think 2kg jumps aren’t needed for the most part but I disagree with the sentiment that having just a, say, 24 and a 32 is a positive thing.

Steve Freides and Roland Roppelt like this.
  2. ruslan

ruslan Still New to StrongFirst Forum

I think I have only seen those sizes with competition kettlebells, not cast iron.

3. Anna C

Anna C More than 5000 posts Elite Certified Instructor

Yes, and I guess that might be another reason for them... training GS; snatch and/or C&J for competitive endurance events.

4. Physical Culture

Physical Culture More than 500 posts

I got one about a month ago. Now it's all I use. I wrote a review of it on my blog, linked below. It actually allows increments of 1k. I have a 1.25 lb. standard barbell plate that I can add if I want a .5 k increase, but I have not felt compelled to do that.

The review is below, but the bottom line is that it is solidly constructed with a quality handle. The concept works well. I recommend it. And no, I don't get paid to say that!

North Carolina Kettlebells: Kettlebell Kings Adjustable Competition Kettlebell

5. Oso Rojo

Oso Rojo Double-Digit Post Count

Physical Culture, I agree with your assessment. I've been doing swings now with mine since May and I love it. I did have to do some metal work on it to smooth out the flashing on the seam. But the overall performance is great. I'm just about to max mine out for swings so I ordered a second one to keep at a lower weight for my get up. While it's a great adjustable bell, in my opinion it is not a quick change adjustment. I think my 12 to 32 kg bell may be headed to craigslist.