all posts post new thread
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

SUOMI-PUKU

Level 6 Valued Member
Hi everyone, just started out with KB training recently and would love some critique on my form for 16 KB 2H swings. I’m very good at spotting others issues but not my own somehow, I know it won’t be perfect.

Any critique is welcomed, be as harsh as you’d like, I’m here to learn.

Apologies if there is another thread to put this in, I had a search but could only find other individuals own form checks. Happy to move it if there is a form check master thread!

Cheers!

Hi everyone, just started out with KB training recently and would love some critique on my form for 16 KB 2H swings. I’m very good at spotting others issues but not my own somehow, I know it won’t be perfect.

Any critique is welcomed, be as harsh as you’d like, I’m here to learn.

Apologies if there is another thread to put this in, I had a search but could only find other individuals own form checks. Happy to move it if there is a form check master thread!

Cheers!

There are multiple issues that the SFG instructors will point out for you shortly. In the meantime. I find this guy's videos are highly instructive. Listen to every word he says.

Watching my own video back after that one it does seem like I’m hinging too early, looks obvious now! Interested to see what other form issues arise that will suddenly seem obvious once pointed out ?

I'd like you to review the KB DL and the static stomp DL..

If you can, please upload the vids here then we'll connect the lessons to the swing

@Valas Puku, it's basically good, but it's too light. The "cause and effect" of the swing can get lost when the load is not adequate to force the timing and rhythm of the swing. Do you have a 20 or 24kg?

@Valas Puku, it's basically good, but it's too light. The "cause and effect" of the swing can get lost when the load is not adequate to force the timing and rhythm of the swing. Do you have a 20 or 24kg?
I have a 24 too, will use it for some sets tomorrow. Was afraid to move up until my swing form is established but I get what you mean that form could be difficult to establish without using the heavier/adequate weight.

@Don Fairbanks @Mark Limbaga @Anna C or any other helpful user

If any of you get a moment to look, I videoed some more sets today with the 24 KB; Deadlifts and Swings.

Again any help appreciated, thanks for your time!

Better:
Socks on a wood floor? Good for finding a squat toe out angle, not good for swings.
DL's, still a bit of forward knee movement. Do them with your back to a wall, push hips into wall.
Swing, Wait on the bell more, hike bell closer to groin, don't be afraid to bend your knees, which you can still do with vertical shins, finish with the bell and arms parallel to ground, so a bit higher.
Nice work.

Agree with @Don Fairbanks feedback... DL looks good, swing basically good and will improve with practice! Don't forget to use the power breath (no audio, so not sure if you were) and also find a spot out towards the horizon and fix your gaze on that for both DL and swings.

The swing is a very nuanced and dynamic movement. You're getting multiple excellent corrections here. Trying to incorporate them all at once can get tricky. I suggest you prioritize and work through these corrections one by one over multiple sessions.

A one-to-one instruction will take you through progressions and will not let you move on to the next level of mastery until the instructor is satisfied with your performance. The video I suggested earlier in this thread is an excellent one, but the instructor there has no power to slow you down..

Again, you're getting excellent feedback here, but it is still not an incremental and structured one. Keep that in mind.

The swing is a very nuanced and dynamic movement. You're getting multiple excellent corrections here. Trying to incorporate them all at once can get tricky. I suggest you prioritize and work through these corrections one by one over multiple sessions.

A one-to-one instruction will take you through progressions and will not let you move on to the next level of mastery until the instructor is satisfied with your performance. The video I suggested earlier in this thread is an excellent one, but the instructor there has no power to slow you down..

Again, you're getting excellent feedback here, but it is still not an incremental and structured one. Keep that in mind.
Thanks @barrak, I think in the future some one to one coaching/instruction from someone in SF could be on the cards. Time is very limited now for me, so one for the future as I know it could be a worthwhile investment, especially as I aim to learn to clean and press, TGU and snatch in the future.

I am noting down each point I’m given, as well as stuff in the video you linked and in the S&S book, but as you say I’m trying to work on one or two points at a time and working on more as the corrections start to feel natural.

Will keep videoing my sets to keep an eye myself so may post back here if I’m having any issues down the line, but don’t want to spam the forum with beginner swing videos haha. Thankful for all the help given!

That's actually one thing to definitely consider..

1-2 sessions even if virtual with an instructor can definitely be a game changer for you

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom