all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 2KB BW Clean & Press

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Daniel Ramos

First Post
Double KB bodyweight clean and press.

Does anybody know of a program/article/book directed at achieving this standard?

Thank you
Daniel

Hello Mark, thanks for answering.

I have ROTKB, the volume honestly seems to high for me and I have no interest in eating as much as the program suggest.

I weigh 80 kg, I have double 40's and all the pairs under that in 4 kg increments. I have actually pressed them a couple of years ago once. But I had a bout with appendicitis (surgery) and a back injury since and am working back up. I have recently pressed my 32's for sets of 5, pressed single 36 for sets of 3 on both arms and hit a single with the 40 on the right. The left arm is the issue once I get above double 32's.

Thanks for your time.
Daniel

Hello Mark, thanks for answering.

I have ROTKB, the volume honestly seems to high for me and I have no interest in eating as much as the program suggest.

I weigh 80 kg, I have double 40's and all the pairs under that in 4 kg increments. I have actually pressed them a couple of years ago once. But I had a bout with appendicitis (surgery) and a back injury since and am working back up. I have recently pressed my 32's for sets of 5, pressed single 36 for sets of 3 on both arms and hit a single with the 40 on the right. The left arm is the issue once I get above double 32's.

Thanks for your time.
Daniel
Ok so that's great since we now have metrics...

Can you snatch double 32s??

Ok so that's great since we now have metrics...

Can you snatch double 32s??
I've honestly never done a double snatch. I haven't snatched at all regularly in years. Although I've snatched above BW on a barbell years ago, and I have snatched single a single 32 for reps in the past. I can try and get back to you .
If it helps I jerked double 36's for triples yesterday, not easy but no press out in most of them.

Thanks for your time.
Daniel

I've honestly never done a double snatch. I haven't snatched at all regularly in years. Although I've snatched above BW on a barbell years ago, and I have snatched single a single 32 for reps in the past. I can try and get back to you .
If it helps I jerked double 36's for triples yesterday, not easy but no press out in most of them.

Thanks for your time.
Daniel
Ok that's more data to work with..

Have you considered reaching out to an instructor for more in-depth coaching since to be honest, attaining a bodyweight overhead press regardless of implement is a degree of specialization for most

Double KB bodyweight clean and press.

Does anybody know of a program/article/book directed at achieving this standard?

Thank you
Daniel
I think this ladders based program looks interesting (also called "RKC Ladder" in Beyond Bodybuilding):

You might need to repeat certain weeks or phases, I guess, if the progression is too fast paced for your recovery abilities.

And of course, listen to @Mark Limbaga and try to impropve your technique.

Ah, and regarding plans, you might enjoy this table listing pressing plans:

Wouldn't ROTK be a manageable choice, if density progression was dropped along with squats and deadlifts? This would seem like a good choice for someone not caring about hypertrophy.
Possibly. The main challenge is you have to snatch to start for ROTK..

What I have done before was run ROTK and then followed it up with the total tension complex. That unlocked my BW double bell press

Possibly. The main challenge is you have to snatch to start for ROTK..
I forgot to include that. In addition to the modification I've mentioned, you could also clean the bells. Even if snatches have some carryover to pressing, I think you would still eventually get there. I recall Pavel explained the snatching mainly as a way to do something different from the C&Js done in ballistic blocks and as a back exercise, not as something directly contributing to progress in the press.

I recall Pavel explained the snatching mainly as a way to do something different from the C&Js done in ballistic blocks and as a back exercise, not as something directly contributing to progress in the press.

He also explains the DSN as being great for shoulder development, but most importantly, your safety valve. If the double snatch does not go up, your pressing is done for the day.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom