all posts post new thread

Nutrition 310 Shake - The best ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ElliottEicke

Level 1 Valued Member
on the verge to get my goal weight i m try to keep my diet cleanly. And trying to cut down the calories to make the body to burn fat. So one of my friend suggest to use 310 Shake instead taking regular food. The reason is for it is, Its easy to calculate the calorie intake only. Because im struggling to maintain my calories intake within bound for sometime.

And i found some review article - link removed - ..on this.

Anybody here using 310 shake?

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course there is always cheaper, but this one seems to really be the best, it is suitable for vegan and I think I saw it on TV
I saw is much cheaper but it does not have any health ingredients such as minerals, but if you find the same quality and less expensive I will be really happy if you can share it with me

I don't understand why this is the "best" or that there is any such thing. Losing weight mainly consists of doing "pushaways". Even if you wanted a fancy protein shake to feel like you're doing more, what's wrong with a bag of frozen mixed berries and some quality whey protein? Maybe put some ginger, turmeric, cinnamon in it...or even kale or spinach? Some almonds or walnuts in it? Quality multivitamin on the side? It's better imho to develop sustainable habits that meet nutritional and energy needs without relying on expensive supplements, but everyone needs to be happy. If this makes you happy, go for it. For what this costs, I'd go for a great steak! But I'm not vegan...

@ElliottEicke do you have any connection to this product, other than having seen it on television?

What was your starting weight, what is your current weight, what is your goal weight, and what are your overall goals, including strength and fitness, or are you just trying to drop weight?

@Matts, not everyone loses weight the same way, and some people do rely heavily on protein shakes and other supplements. I completely agree with your sentiment about the best route - "to develop sustainable habits..." but some people need to simply drop the weight any way they can and, once they reach their goal, then figure out what to do to stay there.

I know, e.g., many people for whom group approaches like Weight Watchers are the only thing that works for them.

-S-

And as far as "high quality protein" that's a subjective not an objective analysis. The protein that I like may not work for you and vice versa... I am of course referring to the sulfurous digestive response. There is a wide diversity of options. Personally I like the convenience and predictability that a breakfast shake provides when I'm getting ready to head out the door. There are also questions of flavor and texture and mixability that are again quite subjective. I personally pay between $8 and 10 for a 1 pound tub that contains 10-12 servings at 25g per serving. Most brands of bulk whey protein are less than $15 per 10 servings of 25-30 grams protein(GNC, Muscle Milk, ON, etc) . I can't see any justification for paying over 3 times that price for no obvious added value. At that price point I could afford to pay someone to cook chicken breasts or prepare albacore tuna to my preference daily.

I do quite a bit of protein shakes (so it is a way of life for me). But I don't get any of those fancy ones. I just use various brands of whey protein, such as ON, Muscle Milk, and others. I do two scoops of protein, put in a scoop of Super Greens for other nutritional value, some fiber, along with half an avocado (gives the shake a lot more body if you're just using water). You really don't taste the avocado, at least in a chocolate protein shake. That is almost always my lunch and for a post workout meal.

a

The post looks fishy. Like an ad. Most likely from a company rep.
Which post specifically, please? If you look at the post # in the lower right corner, it's a link to the specific post and the thread both.

Do you mean the first post in the thread? I removed the live link from that one but decided to leave it in otherwise.

-S-

My protein shake is the best....

1 Cup Almond/coconut milk
1 tbls coconut oil
2 tbls chia seeds
4 tbls peanut butter
2 chunks of unsweetened 100% cacao baking chocolate
2 teaspoons of coco powder
1 banana
1/4 cup almonds

1300 cals, 30g protein, 60g carb

Now you don't have to buy any overpriced crap like 310 shake.

FWIW, I use Dale's bars - I prefer not having to make a shake and having the ability to keep a few of these in my backpack. When I'm home, I'll sometimes have one as my 'lunch.' 250-ish calories, good for a small, old, skinny guy like me who's not trying to add muscle.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom