all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 32kg Swings for Simple So What About Cleans?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Oso Rojo

Level 5 Valued Member
If 32kg is the definition of average for a male for 100 swings, then what is the average for a male for 100 cleans?

I need to start the journey.

Thanks!

This is my opinion. Working cleans are best for :
Learning cleans
Loaded cleans for press assistance
Heavier low rep cleans
Using in complexes

I don't think cleans are great for higher reps. If you want to go beyond your swings, start snatching.

@Oso Rojo, if we use cleans as a ballistic exercise for conditioning, we generally use kettlebells in pairs.

-S-

@Oso Rojo, the SFG standard is a pair of 24 kg bells. That's a good place to start and, IMHO, if it's good enough to make you an SFG, then it's good enough. :) I believe it's a pair of 24's for 5 reps as a test, so being able to do it for 8-10 reps would be good.

Being able to clean and front squat a pair that's just under your bodyweight for a rep or two is also a good goal. I remember some of my teachers at my first kettlebell cert, in 2003, commenting positively that I could clean and front squat a pair of 32 kg bells @ 67.5 kg of bodyweight. The same weight on a barbell for FSQ is significantly easier.

-S-

Now I just have to figure out how to fit two comp bells between my knee and the kneebrace, hahahaha.

Thanks for the info!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom