all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB 32kg vs double 36kg

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
I have a single 32kg already but it's not the best quality so was going to buy a good quality 32kg for either single work or double 32kg work.
The person in buying from has 2 36kg bells for the same price but lesser quality
Any advice? A good quality 32kg bell to accompany my other 32kg or a set of 36kg for decent quality. I can press a set of 32kg for about 5 reps ..Never tried a 36kg

ehh, id go for the 32. the whole buy nice or buy twice. as far as working doubles, 2 32s seem like they would have a longer term use vs 36s. Now if its a question of 1 36 and a 40 that would be more tempting... To me any who

@conor78, IMHO, the decision should depend on what your next goal or planned program is. E.g., I love the combination of pressing a single kettlebell and deadlifting a barbell within the same cycle. I also like, in a cycle without a lot of other lower back work, double kettlebell presses and front squats for strength and/or hypertrophy.

And those are but a couple of the possibilities.

-S-

I don't think I would get either if it were me. I would probably bump up the volume with the 32 you have and get a decent 40 to start low volume work with. The half sizes seem too temporary.

That said, if you're looking to do double work, I prefer matching bells just because I have minor OCD. Also, I've used crummy bells and they weren't that bad so buy once cry once wouldn't influence me as much as a chainsaw for example.

Thànks guys. I think I'll grab the 32kg. I have double 24kg and 28kg but the single 32kg has always irritated me and as Carl had mentioned it was the handle. It's a vinyl bell and the handle is very narrow. It's ok for swings but everything else feels different to the feedback I get from the other bells. @bromo I must have the same type of that brand of ocd

Thinking of goals..moving offKB Strong and have a goal in regards S and S I'll post it over in the S and S sub thread
Thanks folks

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom