all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 40 or 48, that is a question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mikhael

Level 9 Valued Member
Hi,
Some time ago I bought a bike, but had to sell a 40 kg bell, now I'm getting rid of the bike and want to buy a bell. The question is which one, 40kg, or 48kg? Currently practice Q&D with 32kg, and achieved Simple. What would you recommend?

I would get the 40kg for now. You can work on owning Timeless at that weight while building a strength reserve and owning Timed Simple.

You can use it for Q&D swings. Or you could work on Q&D snatches with 32kg then work up to 40kg snatches.

Or even A+A snatches with 32kg or 40kg.

If your goal is eventually Sinister, this will only help.

I would get the 40kg for now. You can work on owning Timeless at that weight while building a strength reserve and owning Timed Simple.

You can use it for Q&D swings. Or you could work on Q&D snatches with 32kg then work up to 40kg snatches.

Or even A+A snatches with 32kg or 40kg.

If your goal is eventually Sinister, this will only help.

Hi,
Some time ago I bought a bike, but had to sell a 40 kg bell, now I'm getting rid of the bike and want to buy a bell. The question is which one, 40kg, or 48kg? Currently practice Q&D with 32kg, and achieved Simple. What would you recommend?
What I'd recommend depends on what your goals are.

I'll be a contrarian here and say that, if you don't aspire to one-handed swings with heavier than 32 kg, and you're good swinging a 32 kg with one hand, a 48 kg will make a better load for your two-handed swings than a 40 will.

OTOH, if swinging more one-handed, or pressing are goals for you, then you need to move up in smaller increments.

My own example - I spent a while in my home gym having a 32 and then a 44 and nothing in between. For me, it was fine because all I did with the 44 kg was two-handed swings. I got more bells a few months ago, and while I'm happy I have them, for my own purposes, it's hard to argue that I truly _need_ them.

-S-

In the interest of providing inconsistency - get the 48.
Everyone saying 40 has very reasonable and logical justification.
but, go big or go home, as they say.
If it’s too much, you’ll just find a way to buy the 40 anyway. Then you’ll have both. Problem solved!

Don’t sell your bike that you already replaced once is my answer. Save up and work on truly “owning” what you have. Bikes aren't just exercise but transportation as well.

Any chance you can borrow a bell and see which size works better for you?

bigger is better for becoming stronk, but too big isn’t much good.

Don’t sell your bike that you already replaced once is my answer. Save up and work on truly “owning” what you have. Bikes aren't just exercise but transportation as well.
I got two bikes, and the one I'm about to sell is unused.
Any chance you can borrow a bell and see which size works better for you?

bigger is better for becoming stronk, but too big isn’t much good.
Nope.

I got two bikes, and the one I'm about to sell is unused.

Nope.
Alright, you won me over. I want both eventually so i can sympathize. I just got my 40k recently and i want to press it, so that trumps the 48k. I believe seeing that you have sinister aspirations also so the 48k is justifiable as well. Age old question: what’s the goal?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom