all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 44kg - am I an idiot?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I had two 40's. Sold them for more during the pandemic than I paid for them. At least I knew what my limitations were. I did the S+S with it even though I never did the program. Hated doing the get down with the TGU. Nothing but stress.

I never go above 28 kg anymore, and even that's rare.

Have fun with it.

I had two 40's. Sold them for more during the pandemic than I paid for them. At least I knew what my limitations were. I did the S+S with it even though I never did the program. Hated doing the get down with the TGU. Nothing but stress.

I never go above 28 kg anymore, and even that's rare.

Have fun with it.
Yeah, I don't think it's a bell that'll be going over my head very often. But for two-handed swings, deadlifts and the various carries I'm really liking it.
If I hadn't had the funds, and it hadn't been on offer I probably would never have bought it. Now I have I can't see me getting rid of it

After my ~100m rack carry (had to switch sides once), I tried front squats with a single 44 for the first time yesterday (as a "warm-up"). Managed 2 on each side and not sure how many more I could have done before I folded in half. Probably not many. Definitely going to keep doing those. I don't think I'd taken the 44 off the shelf for over a year before I saw this thread.....

After my ~100m rack carry (had to switch sides once), I tried front squats with a single 44 for the first time yesterday (as a "warm-up"). Managed 2 on each side and not sure how many more I could have done before I folded in half. Probably not many. Definitely going to keep doing those. I don't think I'd taken the 44 off the shelf for over a year before I saw this thread.....
i was surprised to find that my 24kg + 32kg 5x5 practice was a relatively comfortable day for me. however. 5 reps with the 48kg bell was to my surprise, a more difficult feeling set of 5. so much so - that I thought about it, and didn't proceed at the time. more symmetrical loading does ease things more than I assumed.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom