all posts post new thread

Barbell 5 week strength/ hypertrophy program advice.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Dayz

Level 8 Valued Member
Hi all. I normally use kettlebells exclusively from home, however, I'm going on vacation for five weeks. I'll have way more time and energy to lift and access to a full gym for once, with barbels and dumbbells.

I'm wanting to run a short term strength and hypertrophy routine, probably one day on one day off for five weeks.

Anyone have good suggestion?

In my opinion, five weeks is too short to worry about programming, just do whatever you enjoy most with barbells and dumbbells, workout the whole body, and just do it HARD. Multiple sets close to failure. Keep the reps high (10+) and the rest periods moderate (60-120s). Don't kill yourself but at the end of a workout if a lion ran into the gym you shouldn't have the energy to fight or run away. Because you're working hard, monitor your joints - take an extra day off if you need it without concern. Eat more, particularly protein. Sleep more.

Hi all. I normally use kettlebells exclusively from home, however, I'm going on vacation for five weeks. I'll have way more time and energy to lift and access to a full gym for once, with barbels and dumbbells.

I'm wanting to run a short term strength and hypertrophy routine, probably one day on one day off for five weeks.

Anyone have good suggestion?
Mass made simple light. 5 weeks plus one break in week, if I remember correctly.

@Dayz

Maybe a PTTP style cycle could be good.

Deadlift and press.

I'm not sure I'd enjoy being on a vacation that I was spending more time in a gym than I would have otherwise.

Sometimes you just need a break! Even from KB training. I understand that you want to try a 5 week different program. You can do a 6 week hypertrophy program choosing barbell exercises every other day based on DJ's principles: vertical or horizontal push, vertical or horizontal pull, deadlift variation (hinge), squat variation, arm isolation, calves. 3-4 sets of 6-12 reps.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom