all posts post new thread

Kettlebell 5x5 Grinds question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
That's quite a setup and sounds really great to me. How much did it set you back?

I didn't bought them all at once, it took me almost three years to get the missus' approval in small chunks. ;)

If I had to guess a rough total, I suppose it would be something close to $2600 (maybe a bit more).

I disagree.

I have a complete set of double KBs, ranging from 8 kg. to 48 kg. in two kilo increments, plus a few magnetic Platemates so I can micro-load if necessary. :)
Didn’t know 2kg increments would existed. I am using 8kg increments (2x4kg). That was my frame of reference. In that case, yes I agree with you.

When doing 5x5 for grinds, I am doing some sort of barbell cycle where I am making use of the ability to incrementally load the bar from session to session. As others have asked, if this conversation is about kettlebell use, why use barbell paradigms when there are great programs specifically for kettlebells? Anyways: Kettlebells lend themselves to doing flat work sets: their advantage (not too much thinking) and disadvantage (cant optimize loading scheme based on day to day or set to set differences or increment. Im for getting in more sets at top weight especially for kettlebells.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom