all posts post new thread

Bodyweight 6 week program for One Arm Push Up

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Oscar

Level 7 Valued Member
Hi all,

I´m starting @Karen Smith ´s 6 week program for the OAPU:

Since the beginning of the year I´ve been doing a GTG program of regular push ups and worked to a max of 40. Now I´d like to work my way to the OAPU.

I tested today and got the following results at different heights:

91 cm (36.4") - 8 reps left arm / 10 reps right arm.
79 cm ( 31.6") - 5/6
70 cm (28") - 0/0

This is the program in the article:

1589319900212.png

I have a few doubts: The 79 cm elevation that I got 6 reps seems to fit well with the medium day, right? The 91 cm elevation that I got 8/10 reps would work for light day. The problem I have is that I cant find a suitable elevation to do singles for the heavy day. Additionally, from 79 cm to 70 cm elevations, I dropped from 6 reps to not being able to do a single rep. This makes it even harder to find the right elevation, as it has to be a pretty precise number. An idea I have is to elevate my feet about 5 cm, but I havent found yet something sturdy and with the right dimensions.

Any ideas on what to do for my heavy day?

Thanks!

Oscar

hello, this program sounds very interesting. is it compatible with simple and sinister? how to combine the two?

hello, this program sounds very interesting. is it compatible with simple and sinister? how to combine the two?

From what I understand, simple and sinister is so trying that it cannot be combined with any other strength or endurance training. This is only my practitioner's opinion, I am not an expert.

From what I understand, simple and sinister is so trying that it cannot be combined with any other strength or endurance training. This is only my practitioner's opinion, I am not an expert.
The book discusses how to integrate S&S with other training and/or sports practice.

-S-

Hello,

I guess it depends.

Indeed, up to Simple (timeless, whatever), most of the people can perform daily, provided their other activities are not too strenous. Usually, a feeling a "permanent" fatigue and reduced performance during the day are the right signals to reduce training volume.

That being said, I usually spar 2 to 3 times a week, walk about 1h30 per day and trail / ruck on the WE with no issue.

Beyond Simple, I tend to agree with you. A reduced training schedule may be wise. However, going beyond Simple is either:
- A goal of you (so you have to keep the goal the goal and train the other things accordingly)
- Your body composition (naturally a strong person) allows you to go heavier

There are still good strength add-on to S&S:
- Daily Dose Deadlift
- Daily Dose Press
- Soju & Tuba
- Cluster training
- GTG (no matter the move)
- FPP (if done on alternate day, in general)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom