all posts post new thread

Bodyweight 6rm pullup

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Erik Hournou

Level 7 Valued Member
Hi everyone!
My friend has a 6rm pullup and is looking to get stronger, what programming would you reccommend him?
He's pretty new to training (couple months) weight 60kg, height 1,60m, and will train 3 times a week.
Any ideas/opinions welcome, thanks!

Hello,

If your friend is new to training, alternate day training will ensure proper recovery and progression.

Does he do something else ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hi everyone!
My friend has a 6rm pullup and is looking to get stronger, what programming would you reccommend him?
He's pretty new to training (couple months) weight 60kg, height 1,60m, and will train 3 times a week.
Any ideas/opinions welcome, thanks!
Weighted pull-ups

Hello,

If your friend is new to training, alternate day training will ensure proper recovery and progression.

Does he do something else ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Not training, working, but i'm trying to get him to be consistent and he told me training more often than 3/week he has to force himself to train.
So i was thinking either weighted pullups with a fixed weight and increasing the volume like this:
Session
1 5x1
2 5x2
3 5x3
4 5x2
5 5x2
6 5x3
7 5x2
8 5x3
9 5x3
10 5x3
11 5x3
12 5x3
Then a deload week from the top but with the last day at 5x4 instead of 5x3 using a 4rm in weight.

Or doing the fighter pullup program 3 times a week with bodyweight pullups.

Im just trying to keep him away from sets to faliure and the fighter pull up program seems to do just that.
Maybe he could keep the volume for the entire week and increase weekly instead of doing L M H days, you think I'm complicating things?

Edit:
He went for the fighters pull up program, ill l
Keep you posted on his progress!

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom