all posts post new thread

701A , Or, "What the Hec !!"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Great training log!

As far as snatches... I just finished a 3 part series in "How to improve your kettlebell snatch"

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:

Hope this helps!

Keep up the great work.

Wow, thanks, Hector!
I'll be sure to check them out--I'm actually kind of excited about getting this much weight in the double snatch-it's a personal best--and your program definitely paved the way for that. And as part of a workout, not a one rep max, too.

Day Three
Week Six (7/13/2018)

Weight Used : 16KG , 20 KG, alternating hands. I don't have 18 Kg KB, and double 16 and 20 are too light and heavy, respectively
Heavy day

Thoughts:
-Big increase in volume
-Went well, taking me to the edge of grip and good form
-Next week looks interesting-say this for DKBM, it changes up a lot

Day One
Week Seven (7/16/2018)

Weight Used : 16KG , 20 KG, alternating hands. I don't have 18 Kg KB, and double 16 and 20 are too light and heavy, respectively
Medium day

Thoughts:
- really quite light.
-Nice to have Wednesday off, but it looks like the pain is a-comin' on Friday.

Day Two
Week Seven (7/20/2018)

Weight Used : 16KG , 20 KG, 24KG. alternating hands. I don't have 18 Kg KB, and double 16 and 24 are too light and heavy, respectively.
Heavy day

Thoughts:
-Wow, high volume
-Despite longer rests, I could not make all sets with my presumed 6-8 rep max. So, had to swap in the light (16 & 20) and heavy (20 & 24) in different sets. i figured good form and not setting down bells was better than chasing high weight.

Day One
Week Eight (7/23/2018)

Medium day

Thoughts:
-The beginning of the end!
-Grip was challenged.
-It's odd: these weights are somewhat light, but the complex and especially the order of the exercises really catches up with you.

Last edited:
Day Two
Week Eight (7/25/2018)

Light day

Thoughts:
-Getting ready for last push

Day Three
Week Eight (7/27/2018)

Heavy day

Thoughts:
-What the heck, @Hector G ? That's a LOT of volume.
-Tough, especially on the grip, but doable. I guess that means conditoning and strength gains. I'll take 'em.
-"Achievement unlocked" ! Feels good to complete a program as written--at least the workout part.
-Wrap-up to follow in next post.

Double KettleBell Manifesto: Program 701A
The Thrilling (?) Conclusion

This program doesn't include testing, but I do have some subjective thoughts:

-Interesting variations in load, intensity, density, etc. Most other programs either add sets steadily or wave the load slightly, but @Hector G really keeps you guessing with the changes.
-So, at least for me, a lot of different weights were needed. Duct tape and straps are your friend, unless you go to a gym with lots of KB sizes.
-Achieved my heaviest double Kb snatch for reps : 24 K + 20 KG. I should be good for a few 2x24Kg now.
@Hector G includes weekly emails and video updates, and is very responsive to questions via email. The programs is clear and well written, but it's nice to have the extra support.

Results:
*Disclaimer*
: DKBM includes extensive diet information, plans, and recipes. I didn't follow them. This is entirely my fault, not the plan's : I was busy juggling work and family, and didn't make the effort to change things up this time around. In general, I tried to lay off beer and eat simpler cleaner foods, especially vegetables ( I have a new veggie noodle maker gadget that I love) but nothing systematic.

-Dropped 2 lbs 180>>178
-Larger and firmer in the expected places : Shoulders, upper back, arms, forearms. Bigger and more defined thighs and hamstrings were a welcome surprise.
-Noticeable increase in conditioning: I was apprehensive of the last day, but chugged through it in a workmanlike way. Not real fun, but not a destroyer either.
-This was by far my heaviest double KB work to date, so strength has improved as well.

In summary

Double KettleBell Manifesto: Program 701A is a very solid double kettlebell program. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to gain strength, size and conditioning. Based on just reading the diet portions, you;d probably drop some fat as well. I'm looking forward to the next phase, 701B, in about a month's time.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom