all posts post new thread

Bodyweight A+A BW specific moves

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jalvarado

Level 4 Valued Member
There’s a similar post like this but it’s slightly different as I want to use pull ups + burpees A+A methodology. Can pull ups be done in a powerful fashion/explosively and really be categorized as that instead of a grind or pure strength movement ? So 3-5 pull ups every 30 seconds 4 rounds 1:30 rest and then 5 burpees explosively every 30 seconds for 4 rounds?

I think the more pertinent question is: Can you perform pull-ups in a powerful/explosive way (without kipping)?

The general answer is "yes, pull-ups can be done explosively".

So, if you're very good at pull-ups (i.e. 15-20+), then they'd probably work. If you're not (yet) great at pull-ups, then a different option might be more suitable.

I think the more pertinent question is: Can you perform pull-ups in a powerful/explosive way (without kipping)?

The general answer is "yes, pull-ups can be done explosively".

So, if you're very good at pull-ups (i.e. 15-20+), then they'd probably work. If you're not (yet) great at pull-ups, then a different option might be more suitable.
Thanks for your reply, very helpful. Coming from someone with your experience it means a lot.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom