all posts post new thread

Kettlebell A+A plus pull ups

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Patrik Novák

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello everyone, I need advice on how to effectively incorporate pull ups into my schedule with minimal risk of overtraining?
I don't want to change my schedule much because I opted for the program and I don't want to jump with the program to another program. I believe more in consistency than in variability.

A + A snatches nowdays with 40kg bell for 5s and Long slow distance running together with Easy Stenght Deadlifth this is my program which I have been doing for a few years with small changes here and there.
but waiting for me to try it with max pull ups.

My main FOCUS IS GPP and feel Well and Strong :) for my servise and Also my life.

can you tell me something due to the factors mentioned above?

thanks
best

Pat

If you want just to preserve your pull-ups max, you can throw in 3-4 sets of your ~70% max reps before DL. Worked well for me as warm-up. If you are interested in just practicing it for strength and gpp - sets of 5, weighted probably, judging by your impressive 40kg snatch... Same in the DL days, after DL.

Hello,

Snatches naturally help pull ups. This is at least what I noticed when I snatched.

Otherwise, depending on what you want to achieve regarding them, GTG or kind of Easy Strength programming

Kind regards,

Pet'

For me, Chins just get in the way, they fatigue the lats and grip which reduces my Deadlift and Snatch quality.

Also, read this about training the Pull-Up for the TSC.

Yeah some times Ago I wrote with Derek Toschner and he says that their dont do Pull up regularly because they feel significant overload on shoulders and upper back.

And this exactly What I feel my shoulders and back Are still sore...

in my job when I was in at the beginning of my career we had to make a lot of pull ups and then I realize this IS no good for longevity now that I already have a higher rank we don't have .Only take the test once a year a it IS.

thanks this year I Really try do just snatches and maybe bentpress I need 18-20 reps for good score not fantastic but its enought.

thanks

Best

If you want just to preserve your pull-ups max, you can throw in 3-4 sets of your ~70% max reps before DL. Worked well for me as warm-up. If you are interested in just practicing it for strength and gpp - sets of 5, weighted probably, judging by your impressive 40kg snatch... Same in the DL days, after DL.
Heavy snatches - in and of themself- such as a plan 044 is sufficient and will dramatically improve your pull ups as it is. Over the past 5 months leading into TSC I’d maybe done 4 pull up workouts. Derek Toshner suggested just focus on snatching. Add in a few pull ups every few weeks and altho skeptical at first I was happy with the result. I hit 23 and really do feel high 20’s are in the cards. Just my experience but at 40kg snatch weight you are hitting some good loads. Now with regards to pull ups - body weight will have a massive impact as well. Good luck man!

I need to be careful mixing pullups with snatches for both hands and risk of elbow overuse. I've done about 3-5x weekly 2 moderate sets in the morning on non snatching days (when recovering from a back injury and not snatching as much) and got away with it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom