all posts post new thread

Kettlebell A+A repeat planner spreadsheet

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Serge ,
Some weeks I do all snatching, some weeks I mix in swings with the 40kg bell. I do TGU’s on the swing days, or the light days. I do some pressing but it is part of a snatch progression I do as part of my warm up on snatch days. I do not do any other lifts other than carries Gray Cook style (overhead, racked, suitcase), and sandbag carries. I run or ruck 3-4 times a week as well.

So I have gotten a few questions about the google sheet I made. I had not even considered make a 3 day plan. You can do that with existing sheet by setting the value for the "4th day wave %" in cell B4 to 1.0 it will zero out the 4th day and wallah its a 3 day plan.

If people wanted to keep the same total weekly volume in a 3 day plan that was in the 4 day plan I would have to make another sheet. My question would be at that point would it be to much daily volume? I do not know.

This is were the smart people on the forum would have to chime in. Like I said before, I am not a SFG or a trainer, I do not play one on the internet, although I am staying in a best western tonight. I do not know the answer to this, and I would be cautious to go that far out of bounds of what I have learned from @Al Ciampa postings and development of A+A on the forum.

I just took your schedule and grabbed a kettlebell, 32kg. Seems to work pretty well so far.

If people wanted to keep the same total weekly volume in a 3 day plan that was in the 4 day plan I would have to make another sheet. My question would be at that point would it be to much daily volume? I do not know.

The way I do it is to have the input be the total weekly volume. In your sheet, you do a B1*4 because you're assuming a 4-day cycle. If you just switch that up so that B1 is your starting weekly volume, then you can do anything you want. Then all you need to do is expand your tab 2 to be a 5-day cycle and give the option of using one of the following percentage splits:

0%,0%,25%,33%,41% for a 3-day option
0%,17%,22%,27%,34% for a 4-day option
12%, 15%, 19%, 24%, 30% for a 5-day option

I just updated the spread sheet so you can set your weekly and daily wave percentages without changing the formulas. You just enter the values in when you put your max comfortable repeat. Plus I churched it up a bit to make it easier to read.

Repeat Planner

Glad I shared, did not think anyone else would use it. Plus it has helped me improve it and think about it from other users perspectives.

Thank you,
Karl
Thank you so much for this

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom