all posts post new thread

Kettlebell A+A swings or snatches in ETK

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Ian Blackhall

Level 4 Valued Member
Would it be wise to alter the program to incorporate a+a swings or snatches rather than doing the finisher as written?
Thank you in advance ladies and gents.

@Ian Blackhall, perhaps this post that I wrote a few years back will shed some light on this for you:

In it, I address why swings are sometimes before strength training and sometimes after.

NB: I found this thread but going to the "house rules and faq" at the top of the page here, then clicking on

-S-

@Ian Blackhall, perhaps this post that I wrote a few years back will shed some light on this for you:

In it, I address why swings are sometimes before strength training and sometimes after.

NB: I found this thread but going to the "house rules and faq" at the top of the page here, then clicking on

-S-
Helpful Steve, thank you. Thinking about the clean and press in ROP makes me wonder if you would consider it a hybrid or blended movement, of power (clean) and strength (press)? Just something i was pondering.

Thinking about the clean and press in ROP makes me wonder if you would consider it a hybrid or blended movement, of power (clean) and strength (press)? Just something i was pondering.
If you're doing double bells, then I think that's a fair characterization. For single bell presses, a single bell clean generally isn't enough weight to really call it a power movement for most of us.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom