all posts post new thread

Kettlebell A+A with Double KB

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Patrik Novák

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi everybody I want ask you Are here someone who do A+A with two bells?
C&J or Clean and Pushpress and so on ?

Iam do pure A+A for several years with numerous postive effect on my performance but I wonder if there Are some benefits with double KB for Strenght and more hypertrophy ...

Thankyou

Best
Patrick

I do and have done a lot of A+A training with double cleans. I've also done a lot of Q&D with double cleans with 10/2 and 5/2 (not in the book) rep schemes and 044 timing.

IMO, the double clean is hugely underrated as a standalone exercise. It lets you overload the ballistic hinge with a lot more weight than you can with a single bell, It feels much more natural and satisfying to me than two-arm swings or double swings (neither of which I enjoy), and gives you the benefit of a lot of cumulative time zipped up in the rack position, which swings don't do.

IMO, the double clean is hugely underrated as a standalone exercise. It lets you overload the ballistic hinge with a lot more weight than you can with a single bell, It feels much more natural and satisfying to me than two-arm swings or double swings (neither of which I enjoy), and gives you the benefit of a lot of cumulative time zipped up in the rack position, which swings don't do.

This!

If I REALLY had to choose one KB exercise, the double clean would be it.

This!

If I REALLY had to choose one KB exercise, the double clean would be it.

I love how everyone has different preferences. If I had to rate double ballistic exercises, It would be a distant 3rd behind Double Snatch and Double Swing. At least it's ahead of the Double High Pull.

As others have said the clean and press is a fantastic combo that has stood the test of time. Double bells increase total body loading which helps with strength and hypertrophy.
Something to consider if your hypertrophy progress has slowed and you are looking for a new stimulus. A+A has the weight and total volume for hypertrophy. But if that is a main goal doing sets beyond alactic would probably be beneficial as well.

I've been experimenting with doubles in A+A format, inspired by @Steve W. Its lowish volume, 20x5 more or less. I've been doing half the sets of double cleans and half of double high pulls (you wouldn't enjoy very much my exercise selection @BrianCF ).

To me, the double cleans are enjoyable, have a nice rhythm and moderate effort. The high pulls are brutal to me, I'd rate it 50% harder than the cleans.

I'm finding that I end up pretty fatigued from these sessions. Muscle fatigue, not so much. So even if I have zero soreness, it leaves me drained, much more so than when I did A+A snatches with the 28. For comparison, I'm using double 24s.

I do and have done a lot of A+A training with double cleans. I've also done a lot of Q&D with double cleans with 10/2 and 5/2 (not in the book) rep schemes and 044 timing.

Yeah I see what you mean by that...rack position is different Beast with two heawy bells (32kg +)

For long tíme I do single Arm KB exercises like medium heawy snatches 36 or 40kg Bell or heawy one Hand Swings and TGUs but I want put some time to double KB exercises ...

I want Also gain some muscle in upper body .
Good point thanks

I've done c&j, push press and cleans. For true A&A cleans worked best and I could alternate days with the single arm snatch fairly comfortably
The c&j and push press only really worked in repeats of 2 and were less power focused but still a worthwhile endeavor.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom