all posts post new thread

Kettlebell A+A Workout Duration Importance

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
This might be true in many cases, but not all. I'll give a personal example - when I was a runner, I did my mileage at various paces, most of which I had no clue about. When I read a book, Running Formula by Dr. Jack Daniels, it was the addition of very specific things like tempo runs and adjusting the pace of my easy runs that caused me to improve without any change in overall volume.

Often the right answer is, "It depends." You did say "the greatest" determinant, and not the only, so I'll give you that. :)

-S-
Yep I think it’s all different pieces of the puzzle. Consistent foundation of volume builds capacity. Strategic manipulation of other variables utilizes that capacity to maximum effect.

This might be true in many cases, but not all. I'll give a personal example - when I was a runner, I did my mileage at various paces, most of which I had no clue about. When I read a book, Running Formula by Dr. Jack Daniels, it was the addition of very specific things like tempo runs and adjusting the pace of my easy runs that caused me to improve without any change in overall volume.

Often the right answer is, "It depends." You did say "the greatest" determinant, and not the only, so I'll give you that. :)

-S-
This reminds me of the interesting ratios between the SF protocols; S&S and KB-SF -
1. S&S timed test = 100 reps in 5 minutes
2. S&S progression untimed = 100 reps in ~ 10 to 20 minutes
3. KB-SF SW intermediate @30s = 100 to 200 reps in 10 to 20 minutes
4. KB-SF SW intermediate EMOTM = 100 reps in 20 minutes

I know that A+A can extend past this duration but it has a nice geometry to it.
Perhaps a good training cycle sequence would be; 2, 4, 3, 1 or even 4, 2, 3, 1.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom