all posts post new thread

Barbell A Barbell Squat Challenge for 2022 (315lb x As Many Reps As Proper)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Current entries:
Boris: 1 (1/1/22), 2 (1/8/22), 3 (2/12/22)
Mark: 3 (1/4/22)
Doug: 7 (1/2/22)
Arden: 17 (1/5/22)
William B/Eric: 5 (1/9/22)
N Hung: 1 (1/7/22)
Sam: 18 (1/13/22), 20 (2/10/22)
Steve: 5 (1/17/22)
Antti: 10 (1/19/22)
Reid: 12 (1/22/22)
Jason: 6 (2/10/22)

Somebody made it to twenty already? Isn't that awfully long already, regardless of the load? I've never done squat sets for more than twenty.

I've been able to continue doing squats and I'm very pleased with it. Feel like I've progressed. Haven't tried out another set with 315 since I haven't wanted to do long sets. I did repeat the set of ten with 10kg more. Come next month and I'll try the straight bar out as well.

I'd enter in on this but I don't do the back squat anymore as I only do the Zercher Squat/lift and Front Squat now a day. Can I enter with a Front Squat?

This don't count for 2022...but a little motivation for you guys on the climb. You can get there just stay the course. 10 years ago..

Absolutely - front, back, overhead, safety bar, zercher, etc. are all good.

From today's workout - I worked up to two singles w. the doubled minis (255lb). Felt pretty solid. Tuesday's "dynamic effort" work will be the last day of bands for a while.

Yes I just did 224lbx2sx8r. I paused forever... This week I'll do 3 sets. This is <50% of my max back squat, but I still think it is helping. My movement is very slow so I'm making it hard. I'll walk the weight up over time.
I'm currently using sheiko gold AI to help rehab my strength and prepare for my first meet. So I need to also perform at a powerlifting standard.

It has Paused squats as my strongest variation and a KPI for increasing my competition squat (I'm actually doing this with a kabuki buffalo bar which is 24kg due to shoulder injury). So I'm doing more weight and volume with the paused squats but using sheiko style variable loading.

Rate the movement very highly at the moment. The programs estimations of my squat appear to be incredibly accurate thus far.

I'm currently using sheiko gold AI to help rehab my strength and prepare for my first meet. So I need to also perform at a powerlifting standard.

It has Paused squats as my strongest variation and a KPI for increasing my competition squat (I'm actually doing this with a kabuki buffalo bar which is 24kg due to shoulder injury). So I'm doing more weight and volume with the paused squats but using sheiko style variable loading.

Rate the movement very highly at the moment. The programs estimations of my squat appear to be incredibly accurate thus far.

Sounds interesting. When is your meet?

I lift at such a low frequency. My recovery is so lousy I'd probably cause the AI to short circuit.

Sounds interesting. When is your meet?

I lift at such a low frequency. My recovery is so lousy I'd probably cause the AI to short circuit.
November so I've got plenty of time to prepare.

Despite the bar moving seemingly effortless in both of these videos the total volume on both of these days was brutal. But I'm really enjoying the process of rebuilding my strength and in the way of strapless deadlifts getting all time PRs.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom