all posts post new thread

Barbell A Barbell Squat Challenge for 2022 (315lb x As Many Reps As Proper)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Boris Bachmann

Level 8 Valued Member
Hi everyone,
If you're interested in doing a 'squat 315lb for reps' challenge with me in 2022, let me know. It'll be an informal and friendly thing through YouTube (and maybe other social networks like FB, Instagram, this forum if allowed, etc). Not a lot of rules to participate, depth should be at least somewhat in the realm of parallel, and I figure if people want to use supportive equipment (wraps, belt, suit, briefs, etc), it's all good.

If it's just me and my garage that's cool, but hopefully a few will join the fun!

I like it. I haven't barbell squatted in a while. I'll see what I can get back to in the second half of 2022. Are you planning on submitting periodically?

I have nothing to add except that the first time you wrote 2022, you still wrote 2021. Also, holy crap that’s cold, it was like 50 today and I hated it.

I will TRY to have a submission later in the year but 315 is still out of reach for me.

I have nothing to add except that the first time you wrote 2022, you still wrote 2021. Also, holy crap that’s cold, it was like 50 today and I hated it.

I will TRY to have a submission later in the year but 315 is still out of reach for me.
LOL! Thank you - I'll try to edit that if I can!

Super solid reps!

I saw someone training on Instagram last year where there were spotters on either side who removed a plate during the set, between reps. So if you had that you could do 315, 315, 225, 225, 225 for a set of 5. Then next session, 315, 315, 315, 225, 225. etc. Somewhat inconvenient, but seems like it might be a great way to train for this.

Super solid reps!

I saw someone training on Instagram last year where there were spotters on either side who removed a plate during the set, between reps. So if you had that you could do 315, 315, 225, 225, 225 for a set of 5. Then next session, 315, 315, 315, 225, 225. etc. Somewhat inconvenient, but seems like it might be a great way to train for this.
Strip sets - egads! No thanks!

Hi everyone,
If you're interested in doing a 'squat 315lb for reps' challenge with me in 2022, let me know. It'll be an informal and friendly thing through YouTube (and maybe other social networks like FB, Instagram, this forum if allowed, etc). Not a lot of rules to participate, depth should be at least somewhat in the realm of parallel, and I figure if people want to use supportive equipment (wraps, belt, suit, briefs, etc), it's all good.

If it's just me and my garage that's cool, but hopefully a few will join the fun!

I'm in. I'm assuming the deadline will be the end of the year?

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom