all posts post new thread

Barbell A Barbell Squat Challenge for 2022 (315lb x As Many Reps As Proper)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I'll put "William B" in our notes! No pressure for everything to be on video necessarily.
Ok, sounds good. I'll post whenever I squat 314+ (my barbell is 44 lb).

Let me amend my previous post. On 1/8/2021 I squatted 314x5, 331x5.

I'll post a video every once in a while... I am barbell squatting once per week and using the 10/20/Life method (undulating periodization scheme). I have a log titled "Last Man Standing". I am going to take the approach of increasing my 1RM to try and make 315lb feel "lighter". Then 1 day, later this year, when I'm feeling good, I'll do a Hero session and see what I have in me! I will lift raw (but with a belt). I'm 42 and currently weight 235 lb (sorta trying to get to 220lb).

Regards,

Eric

Ok, sounds good. I'll post whenever I squat 314+ (my barbell is 44 lb).
We're accepting 140kg for the metrically-inclined and just to make things easy so, if you're in the ballpark then you're good!
I have a log titled "Last Man Standing". I am going to take the approach of increasing my 1RM to try and make 315lb feel "lighter". Then 1 day, later this year, when I'm feeling good, I'll do a Hero session and see what I have in me! I will lift raw (but with a belt). I'm 42 and currently weight 235 lb (sorta trying to get to 220lb).
My plan is also to bring up max strength to make 315 less of a deal. I don't plan on hitting new numbers very often but when I do, I'll post here. Looking forward to checking out your log and progress!

It's not really a contest (but who can help seeing it that way?), but on the FB page the biggest entry so far is 17.
I am competing with myself. There is always someone stronger.

I like this challenge because it promotes what I believe to be the best excersise. This is great for Strongfirst, which is very deadlift-centric (I like the deadlift too).

Eric

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom