all posts post new thread

Barbell A Barbell Squat Challenge for 2022 (315lb x As Many Reps As Proper)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Deadline for entries is December 31, 2022
Current Entries (as of 8/27/22):
Boris Bachmann: 1 (1/1/22), 2 (1/8/22), 3 (2/12/22), 5 (3/26/22), 6 (8/20/22)
Mark U: 3 (1/4/22), 7 (3/22/22), 8 (4/1/22)
Doug S: 7 (1/2/22)
Arden C.: 17 (1/5/22)
William B: 5 (1/9/22)
N Hung: 1 (1/7/22), 2 (2/26/22)
Sam W: 18 (1/13/22), 20 (2/10/22)
Steve K: 5 (1/17/22), 10 (5/27/22)
Antti: 10 (1/19/22)
Reid W: 12 (1/22/22)
Jason B: 6 (2/10/22)
John K: 1 (2/15/22)
Ivan D: 11 (2/17/22)
Chris M: 1 (4/2/22)
Comrademode: 12 (6/14/22), 15 (7/29/22), 17 (8/18/22)
Watchnerd: 6 (6/19/22), 7 (8/27/22)

Next week I start the 8 week Sika Strength squat cycle.

I starts me off at 4 x 10 @ 115 kg then waves the load up from there.

It should have me peaking at ~177 kg in 8 weeks -- we'll see if I can hack it.
Good luck. I just googled Sika, I never heard of it. Why are you going that route? Just curious. What kind of programming is it (western, eastern, linear, wave, block, westside...)?

Good luck. I just googled Sika, I never heard of it. Why are you going that route? Just curious. What kind of programming is it (western, eastern, linear, wave, block, westside...)?

I picked them mainly because of their experience in weightlifting.

(I'm also doing their press program simultaneously).

And it was cheap enough that it was worth a whirl, and they'll re-compute the program for you at a new 1RM at no additional charge.

I haven't seen all their programs, but the squat program is block periodization with accessory work.

Wow! You are making some great progress this year!
Thank you - it's just trying to get back some of what was.

@watchnerd I'm wearing Adidas "Powerlift" shoes, I think. They're okay. I prefer my older Nike OL shoes, but they are a little too tight now. I don't put a ton of stock in Squat University stuff, but he's right about the toe space on a lot of OL shoes being ridiculously tight for some feet.

Thank you - it's just trying to get back some of what was.

@watchnerd I'm wearing Adidas "Powerlift" shoes, I think. They're okay. I prefer my older Nike OL shoes, but they are a little too tight now. I don't put a ton of stock in Squat University stuff, but he's right about the toe space on a lot of OL shoes being ridiculously tight for some feet.

Yeah, I stopped using my Adipowers after going barefoot most of the day during Covid made my feet wider.

I'm now using Do-wins now which are a little wider and more comfortable, but otherwise I don't really like them.

I guess Squat University has a new wide shoe out.

Yeah, I stopped using my Adipowers after going barefoot most of the day during Covid made my feet wider.

I'm now using Do-wins now which are a little wider and more comfortable, but otherwise I don't really like them.

I guess Squat University has a new wide shoe out.
I had Powerlift and Do-Wins... didn't much like either of them. I do like my Nike Romaleos. I am also tempted to try the new SquatU TYR shoes, but looks like they are currently sold out. I definitely need a wide shoe and wide toe box. In fact, women's shoes never work for me, I have to go with men's.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom