all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed A change

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JoeVarden

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi guys! I’ve not posted on the forums for a month or two now so I hope everybody’s all good first and foremost!

I have recently looked through the NW book for the first time and I am looking at incorporating it into my training week. However, as effective as GTG is, I just don’t have the time to spread my sets throughout the day at the minute so I have attempted to put a small plan together which I will perform x2 a week in addition to my MMA training.

A1. One handed push up
A2. Pistol squats
(Ladders of 1,2,3 reps each side, performing 3/4 ladders with 2/3 mins rest in between)
B. 1 handed KB swings 10x10
C. 3x5 minute rounds on the heavy bag

And that’s about it! Of course with an appropriate warm up and cool down. I will rotate the swings with power cleans every few weeks.

Everyones thoughts are welcome!

Hi guys! I’ve not posted on the forums for a month or two now so I hope everybody’s all good first and foremost!

I have recently looked through the NW book for the first time and I am looking at incorporating it into my training week. However, as effective as GTG is, I just don’t have the time to spread my sets throughout the day at the minute so I have attempted to put a small plan together which I will perform x2 a week in addition to my MMA training.

A1. One handed push up
A2. Pistol squats
(Ladders of 1,2,3 reps each side, performing 3/4 ladders with 2/3 mins rest in between)
B. 1 handed KB swings 10x10
C. 3x5 minute rounds on the heavy bag

And that’s about it! Of course with an appropriate warm up and cool down. I will rotate the swings with power cleans every few weeks.

Everyones thoughts are welcome!
Your plan looks pretty decent. Based on age you might have recovery issues but all in all it's solid.

Your plan looks pretty decent. Based on age you might have recovery issues but all in all it's solid.

Mate, I don’t know how to take this.. I’m only 24! Hahaha. The rounds on the heavy bag are usually very light too, I work more on footwork and getting some more blood pumping.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom