all posts post new thread

Off-Topic A curated collection of my favorite SF related podcasts

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

silveraw

Level 9 Valued Member
I listen to a lot of podcasts and have a whole ton of them saved for reference. My Spotify wrapped was shaming me for being one of the top 5% podcast listeners on the platform... So here is a collection of my favorite strongfirst related episodes that I listened to this past year!

Pavel Macek's interview goes through a lot of the breathwork techniques and applies them to S&S. This is the episode that I link the most to people.

Patrick McKeown goes over The Oxygen Advantage techniques.

Anna C's fantastic interview about her journey into kettlebells and strength training. Oh and how she donated a kidney.

Ever hear the phrase "Their warmup is your workout"? Well, with Zar Horton it probably is true. Guy is a beast.

Dr Craig Marker on being antifragile
#37 - Craig Marker: Building Antifragility By Fear Exposure

Bud Jeffries episode will kick you right in the feels. Guy is strong in every sense of the word.
#65 - Bud Jeffries: The Everlasting Legacy Of Noah

Adam T Glass on grip strength training
#54 - Adam T Glass: Grip And Mastery Of Hand Strength

Tim Almond on how to find balance in your training, and make sure you are training the whole person
#49 - Tim Almond: Balance Is My Mantra

Aleks Salkin on bodyweight programming
#33 - Aleks Salkin: Calisthenics, Generating Tension From Nothing

Fabio Zonin on bodybuilding
#259: Get Strong like a Powerlifter and Jacked like a Bodybuilder with StrongFirst CEO, Fabio Zonin

Karen Smith has a great episode on bodyweight training that pretty much changed the course of my training this year.
#10 - Karen Smith: Kettlebell and Bodyweight strength training
#3 - Karen Smith: Baselines of Strength

Of course the Pavel interview episodes (in case you have not already listened to these, they are older episodes)
The strength training interviews:
Ep 55: The Science of Strength and Simplicity with Pavel Tsatsouline
Ep 57: Pavel Tsatsouline Answers Your 15 Most Popular Exercise Questions
The endurance interview:
#1399 - Pavel Tsatsouline

Jamie Lewis has some great "History of" interviews... But be warned he is very fond of spicy language.
#12 - Jamie Lewis:The Gold Lifting Generation
#152 - Jamie Lewis: The History of Kettlebells

James Fuller does some real cool stuff with old time strongman training. If you are interested in odd lifts, he is the guy to follow.
Old-time strongman training with James R. Fuller (@strongman_archaeolgy)

A fascinating history of steroids in strength (couldn't find the original episodes, but found a reposted one). I just like that the soviets called them restoratives.
The history of steroids and PEDs (Part 1) - a guest episode
The present day in the history of strength sports (Part 2)

Mountain training information with Sean Sewell:
#145 - Sean Sewell: Passion For The Outdoors

Al Ciampa on endurance training with kettlebells:
Al Ciampa

Brett Jones does a great interview with Squat University:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/2jwBYf2L2tXOt3HiwvwVwQ?si=IHd2L2eWSX2FkePYdkZsrA

And there are more... but this post is already long enough (I mean Brett has done like 5 great interviews lately but I just posted the one!)

What are your favorite SF related podcasts you listened to this year?

Great thread, and thanks for the mention! Being on the Breakthrough Secrets podcast was definitely a highlight of 2021 for me.

I listened to at least half of Breakthrough Secrets and have begun to listen to Mike's new one, Strength Connection. He's doing a great job with it and the content is valuable.

Other favorite podcasts for me are Peter Attia "The Drive", and Barbell Medicine.

Other favorite podcasts for me are Peter Attia "The Drive", and Barbell Medicine.
Any favorite episodes? I’ve only heard Peter Attia on Tim ferriss’s podcast. I have to admit before listening I assumed he was one of those bio hacker supplement bros. Was pleasantly surprised that I was wrong.

Any favorite episodes? I’ve only heard Peter Attia on Tim ferriss’s podcast. I have to admit before listening I assumed he was one of those bio hacker supplement bros. Was pleasantly surprised that I was wrong.

He's amazing with the conversations and questions. Every episode is a deep dive into something, and you feel 2x smarter just by listening to it.

Anyone into LSD type training, the most popular episode is a must-listen, Mitochondria, Exercise, and Metabolic Health, and he is gearing up now to do a follow on episode with Inigo San Millan soon.

Also, Matthew Walker on sleep, Rick Johnson on fructose, Lance Armstrong, Lawrence Wright on 9/11, Sarah Hallberg, Layne Norton, Alex Hutchinson, Robert Sopolsky.... to name a few.

Anyone know what happened to the Breakthrough Secrets podcast? I listened regularly and then they just stopped putting out content. And their site is inactive. Did they change names or something?

Anyone know what happened to the Breakthrough Secrets podcast? I listened regularly and then they just stopped putting out content. And their site is inactive. Did they change names or something?
I believe Chris launched into a new career so Mike has continued on under the name of Strength Connection.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom