all posts post new thread

Kettlebell A festive wth

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ali

Level 7 Valued Member
a little festive story to share:

A couple of days ago it was the Xmas tree putting up ritual. Every year I have to move a very heavy and awkward terracotta pot with a large house plant. Usually this involves sliding the thing on a rug to another room on the same floor. I lift it with a pinch grip, scream at my wife to hurry up with the sliding technology and push it through the house marvelling at my engineering ability to move heavy things efficiently. However, this year the lump had to go up the stairs and I was a tad worried about it. Previously my grip would go after 5 seconds and not only that I would have to move it, walk with it, up a flight of stairs. I envisaged some kind of hoist, a crane or something but no this wasn't going to be efficient, brute force would be required. Manoeuvred the beast to the bottom of the stairs. Big old breath and up it went. In one. No putting it down in a sweat balancing on one leg on the stair, no, none. One smooth lift, straight up. No way, just no way would I have even attempted this last year. That's what a year's worth of swinging and get upping with a 32 does for you. Quite remarkable. Enjoy the festivities and go easy on the gluten free mince pies everyone!

Moving stuff out of the living room for company tomorrow. Moved a 40kg bell, pulled a muscle in my side. Routinely swing 2 of them.

Opposite WTH moment.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom