all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed A great exercise mat at a great price

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

slnm

Level 1 Valued Member
I've been doing lots of kettlebell swinging in my living room now that it's too cold to swing outside. One dropped kettlebell will crack my tile floor. So, I started to research exercise mats. Someone on Amazon suggested buying a horse stall mat instead and referred folks to Tractor Supply Company. There happens to be one close enough to my house so I bought one of these.

Rubber Mat, Black, 4 ft. x 6 ft. - For Life Out Here

It cost $40 plus tax for a 4' x 6' rubber mat. It's 3/4" thick. I've not tested it with a hard drop but it might be able to take it. It's quite firm so I wouldn't use it for rolling or other gymnastic practices.

I don't know if they will ship it to you but it might be pricy to ship as it's quite heavy.

Anyway, thought I would share this tip. Use at your own risk since I don't know how well it would protect your floor against a heavy weight dropping.

I second that recommendation. Bought two at TSC and together they make an excellent size area for anything kettlebell related.

Not sure how the price compares but I've read a lot of people are using horse stall mats for their home gym environments.

Not sure how the price compares but I've read a lot of people are using horse stall mats for their home gym environments.
The shipping cost will likely be high if you don't have a local place to pick this up from. The mat weighs close to 100 pounds. This similar mat, for example, costs $43.94 but close to $60 to ship it. I doubt that too many places would be willing to ship a 100 pound $40 mat for free.

Straight Cut Mats - Rubber gym matting at Rubber Flooring Inc.com

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom