all posts post new thread
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
S&S Sunday Night

5x10 Swings OH 16
5/5 TGU 16

8x1 Press 16

S&S Monday Morning

5x10 Swings OH 16
No Getups - felt weak

S&S Tuesday Morning

5x10 Swings OH 16

S&S Wednesday Evening

5x10 Swings OH 16 No breaks

S&S Thursday Evening

5x10 Swings OH 16
1x10 Swings TH 24

This week hit like a ton of bricks. I wanted to keep doing some type of workout during the chaos so I managed to stay with Swings, but that was about it. Feeling strong with the swings, but feeling gassed physically/mentally/emotionally.

Doing full S&S with Getups tonight to see where I am at.

S&S Last Night

No warmup

5x10 Swings 16 OH (no rest)
5/5 Get ups 16 (no rest)

Trying to do one handed swings 5x in a row one after the other with no rest was tough, but it felt pretty good. Trying to roll straight into getups with 5 right then 5 left was tough but also felt pretty good. I was just crunched for time so I cranked out what I could as fast as I could. I paid for it this morning though. I may wait until tonight to workout again. I also was absolutely slayed in a workout yesterday morning. So that may explain why I'm not feeling so good this morning.

S&S

Warmup

3x5 Goblet Squat 16
3x5 Halo 16
3x5 Hip Bridges

5x10 Swings 24
5/5 TGU 16

Feeling solid with the swings and the TGU today - surprising since yesterday morning was a beatdown and last night was S&S.

Looked up a video on cleaning properly to get to the press - I was doing it completely wrong. Now I am only doing it partially wrong.

6x1 Press 16

Feeling strong! Continuing with the comittment to doing S&S daily. Getting back on track and feeling good.

S&S Tonight

2x5 Goblet Squat 16
2x5 Halo 16
2x5 Hip Bridges

5x10 Swings OH 16
5/5 TGU 24

I need to figure out how to do One Handed swings properly - it seems that my arms hurt for a day or so after doing the OH swings with the 16. The 24 was a little more challenging but I slowed my reps down giving myself plenty of time to rest. Overall feeling pretty solid. I was in total control with the TGU.

Started doing the 90/90 and QL straddle stretches. Felt like that is helping a bit. Also started using the Iron Mind bands (the white one) doing about 3x5 stretches each hand.

If you can, post a video of your 1 handed swings on here. The knowledgeable folks on here should be able to help you fix them.

I need to figure out how to do One Handed swings properly - it seems that my arms hurt for a day or so after doing the OH swings with the 16. The 24 was a little more challenging but I slowed my reps down giving myself plenty of time to rest. Overall feeling pretty solid. I was in total control with the TGU.

S&S Tonight

Warmup
2x5 Goblet Squat 16
2x5 Halo 16
2x5 Hip Bridge

5x10 Swings 24
5/5 TGU 16

Press 8x1 16

Feeling like I'm getting stronger -recovering faster - and building up my perseverance.

Press 2x1 24 (Just because I can)

Stretching with 90/90 and QL stretches. Hand stretches with white band 3x5.

Skipped a workout Friday night - just didn't get around to it or make it a priority. I did do a morning calisthenic workout that was pretty grueling though.

S&S Today
Warmup
2x5 Goblet Squats 16
2x5 Halo 16

5x10 Swings OH 16
5/5 TGU 16

Had to go about other commitments throughout the day but managed to do my presses after that

Press 10x1 16

Feeling solid with the Swings, Get ups, and presses. Feeling stronger! Really impressed with the results so far of doing S&S daily.

S&S
Warmup
2x5 Goblet Squats 16
2x5 Halo 16

5x10 Swings 24
5/5 TGU 16 (in 5 minutes)

Felt really snappy with the 24. Did my last 5 swings on each arm as One Handed - it was challenging but good. Feeling stronger! Especially since I swam 5 laps and did 30 pushups each lap this morning - I wound up doing 150 pushups and swam about 350yds in about 10 minutes. I was almost smoked and didn't think I would have it in me to do S&S tonight, but decided to do it anyway, and it felt GREAT!

So the past week I've been completely derailed. My daughter would refuse to sleep until about 11PM and would wake up at 3AM. I have not been getting the sleep I need to function in life - let alone workout. So needless to say I have skipped working out this week. I think normally I would have powered through it, but sanity and wisdom have said it's best to sit this one out. There is always tomorrow. I notice that I have nothing when I'm exhausted like this. I have managed to GTG a bit during the week on a few days with pushups and that has kept me awake and somewhat focused at work. Other than that this week was a bust.

Thanks guys - She got up at 1:44AM this morning and I was head bobbing while I just sat by her crib until she fell asleep. I must have passed out about 3 times. Hopefully she will settle back into her normal sleep schedule soon.

Thanks. And now there is this: Took blood pressure medicine for the first time last night and dropped from 147/102 to 115/82. I feel completely wiped out - it may take a month to get used to throttling back 20 points.

Ok - so I have been on blood pressure medication for a few days now and it looks/feels like my body is adjusting pretty quickly. I was able to do a fast-paced walk for a few miles and I didn't pass out. I am going to attempt some VERY light S&S tonight.

Hey dude.
First time reading through your log.
You are far stronger than I am, with much more work capacity too, good stuff.

You have some good people following your progress too.

Regarding your swing vid I'd say try and get a different angle hard to see the hinge properly. Seems good, the legs are quite wide compared to other videos I've seen.

I’m completely open to blunt observations

The majority of your posts are filled with the word pain (or synonyms of pain).
The times you report feeling better, or when you feel your strength progress it seems to be after your most simple (S&S) workouts, have a look back at your own words.
I take it too easy on myself, but I'm in no rush.
Once you have smashed GoRuck, maybe try an experiment where you run the S&S protocol for a month, without the more intense pursuits. At most add active rest if needs be (LSD as per Al recommendation).

Just some friendly words for your consideration.

@Waryrenn - Thanks man I appreciate your advice! When I start Swinging again I will try to get a video of different angles in there.

You are probably right about the pain. I tend to overdo things a lot and not think or train smartly.

My body has basically forced me to slow down. I'm taking blood pressure medication now because I became hypertensive at 32. Once I took the medication it dropped me about 20 points which has taken some adjustment for me. I would probably pass out if I pushed like I normally do so I took a break for a few weeks. I am now just slowly building myself back up.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom