all posts post new thread
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Ok guys and gals, since my Blood Pressure medication I have been figuring out a way to bounce back... So here is my plan:

LSD run 3x a week 1 hour.

I was gonna add more, but....well maybe I should listen more to other wise folks on here.

Ran lsd yesterday 60 minutes. Felt good but was hard at the same time to keep the endurance up. Ran up about 3 hills and covered a good amount of ground. Stretched afterwards and cooled off. Drinking lots of water to recover. Realizing just how weak I have become. Working SLOWLY on getting back up to strength.

Here is the recovery plan:

Phase 1: lsd runs 3x a week 60min minimum

Phase 2: add S&S 2x a week 16kg TGU and 24kg Swings

Phase 3: S&S 4x a week (every other day)

Phase 4: S&S everyday

Between phases 3 and 4 check to see if I need to stick with every other day or try every day with S&S.

lsd run this morning for 58 minutes. Started late so didn't get the 60 minutes in.

realized that I am subconsciously controlling my breathing while I'm running so tried to relax as much as possible.

Good news is I didn't pass out!

Slow & Steady, make sure you are recovering completely and you should be fine.

Here is the recovery plan:

Phase 1: lsd runs 3x a week 60min minimum

Phase 2: add S&S 2x a week 16kg TGU and 24kg Swings

Phase 3: S&S 4x a week (every other day)

Phase 4: S&S everyday

Between phases 3 and 4 check to see if I need to stick with every other day or try every day with S&S.

Took on another job so I've been gassed this week. Working from 8:30AM - 10:30 Tuesday, and from 8:30- 8 Wednesday. Been pretty tired and worn out. Need to figure out this new schedule before I wear myself out by getting up at 4 or 5AM with my daughter.

OK, so I didn't exactly go slow like I have planned today:

30 minutes of

1,115 meter ruck 25lb (ran 3x)
5x10 Swings 24 (2x)
5/5 TGU 16 (2x)
5/1 Press 16 (2x)

Then 30 minutes of

100yd ruck sprint 50lbs 5x
MARSOC short card (stopped after 10 cherry pickers)

I worked out with a buddy of mine and we took turns. One guy would start off rucking 800m and the other guy would do as many sets as he could with the kettlebells. Then switch.

After 30 minutes of that one guy would sprint 100yds with the 50lb ruck and walk back while the other guy did as much of the shortcard as he could. Then switch.

When I was rucking the 800m I breathed through my nose to keep my heartrate down. Felt smoked at the end.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom